So I started collecting all the Ultimate-guitar community albums and am putting them onto a youtube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ugcommunityalbums

Info on it and why I'm doing it:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ugcommunityalbums/about
I'm hoping to provide more motivation in the community albums, and bring back ones that deserved more attention because their release threads got less than 2 pages of replies, and no one would necrobump just to voice their opinion on it, but a youtube comment is easier. Let me know if you think it's cool, because I'm running out of steam because these take forever to do, mostly just rendering and typing out the description, but rendering even with just visulizers takes a bit.

Also there's a playlist for UGer's own albums, so if you want me to add your video/album to the playlist, just give me the link, and the genre.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1RCFoEz_jTwnlx8MNrJ_Wuwci0rPltMc

So let me know what you think of the idea, and if anyone has any suggestions. These take anywhere from 2-8 hours to upload, and about the same to render. What albums do I need to get around to first? Whatever you know. Also errors in spelling and stuff like that, let me know in youtube comments or something. I wanted to wait till I had more than three, but they are over an hour each.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPtlZW0NCO8

There's gotta be at least 20 more to go, I'm aiming at 1 to 2 a week, once I'm caught up with back log it'll be a lot easier to keep up with.
Last edited by stratkat at Aug 27, 2013,
Good! I had never even heard about UGCA albums.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Quote by henrihell
Good! I had never even heard about UGCA albums.

Yep, that's why I'm doing it, also all videos include new download links with the original, with the new ones I usually have the ID3 tags set better, and every file a .mp3, but so far the only one that's been a mess to fix is the video game album 4.

And a lot of people won't bother downloading it to give it a listen. Streaming's just easier.
Holy. Shit. Man.

This idea so ****ing amazing I want to poop and pee at the same time!

Is there anything you'd need help with?

EDIT: oh stratkat, that channel artwork is SO you
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Aug 27, 2013,
Quote by korinaflyingv
Nice one! If you could put my album on the UGer Albums one I'd love u forever.
http://mrtumnus23.bandcamp.com/album/oxport

I would but it has to be a youtube video bro, I can't add it to the play list. Just put it into a video, upload it to your channel, and I'll put that video in the playlist that's on the UGCA channel.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Holy. Shit. Man.

This idea so ****ing amazing I want to poop and pee at the same time!

Is there anything you'd need help with?

EDIT: oh stratkat, that channel artwork is SO you

Thanks, glad you appreciate it
And yeah, the banner, I commissioned the artist chii24 to make a cover for the anime album 2, so it's legit UGC artwork. Hugh gee in the avatar I figured would be fine.

Also fear of copyright strike, I'm gonna make a sub account for cover/remix albums from now on, so I can just add them to the main channels playlist without having to worry. If I got a strike, it would mean all uploads would be external and added to playlists, because after a strike, you can't upload anything over 15 minutes. Also being 1080p and an hour long, these take up a lot of space, but I'm gonna try to keep as many backed up as I can.
Quote by korinaflyingv
How do you do the track times where you click and it goes to a certain track?

Easy man, the links go automatically, so just type in say 1:58 in the description, and after you save it'll be a link to that time.
I'm happy that this is a thing
I have thought in the past that there should be a UG youtube account/hub, as a lot of UGers have music related YT accounts/videos
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Hydra150
I'm happy that this is a thing
I have thought in the past that there should be a UG youtube account/hub, as a lot of UGers have music related YT accounts/videos

I have to, but I wanted to present it in the cleanest most professional way, to the best of my ability. And I finally got the motivation just to try it out, and then see if others thought it was cool/not a waste of time. Also to involve teh community even more, I'm letting anyone with a UG account and an album on youtube ask me to put that album in the non-community playlist.

Likes, commenting, and subscriptions would really motivate me to keep going, well this thread has helped, also when I get completely caught up, I might have a thread for voting for which are the best 5 albums, and create a best of ug beginning-2013 playlist (as chosen by users)

I think I'm gonna start on the post rock album 4 today, since it's two parts I'll probably spend 3 days on the thing.

If you'd like to help:
If anyone has after effects, the time, and dedication... and a phone number to give google to upload 15+ minute videos, starting a UGCA2 and do remix/cover albums in the style I'm doing these, that'd be fantastic, because the main account already has 2 3rd party matches, and worst comes to worst, I'll have upload the rmx/cover albums picture saying download links in description, sorry but i couldn't risk copyright claims and jeopardize the whole account. I'd add them to the playlist on the main account, also you'll get your youtube channel in the featured channels list for helping. PM is interested, or just discuss it here would be fine too, I'd like to keep this on the front page to give it as much initial exposure as possible.
You might want to add the release threads on UG to the video descriptions
Quote by Hydra150
You might want to add the release threads on UG to the video descriptions

I thought this too, but since I post who releases the thread adn date, they'd be able to find it themselves. But the main reason I didn't was because I was afraid people would start necrobumping threads.
I agree with stratkat. The threads were there to organise the music, and get the music to the people. The videos are already doing that, so there's not much point in linking to them from there.
I really do appreciate the thought and encouragement, actually I only have after effects for another 20 days, and I think the visualizers are really spiffy, but I do have a backup plan for video movement if it comes to where I can't get a legit copy.

Actually albums to go:
rest of VG albums
rest of EDM albums
ug goes clean
post rock albums
metal album
anime cover album
cover album
acoustic cover album
the 2 rock albums
drone album
blues album
metal album
christmas album
bass album
june 30 day 1 song challenge album
instrumental album (hehe that's kinda redundant, most are)
Pitropolis: The Second UG Album
noise album 1&2
best of UG album

What am I missing? Also some of these might have had megaupload links, and I'm gonna have to pm people to get copies.
That looks like pretty much everything to me.

I have access to AE under an educational license, but that's fine for any use that isn't professional. Nobody's gonna come after me for running something through an AE visualizer for some Youtube vids, if you'd need it.
was the blues album in the blues&jazz subforum?
Quote by Hydra150
was the blues album in the blues&jazz subforum?

Yep,
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=756844
and it's a megaupload link, so I'm gonna have to pm OP, and some of the other's who downloaded it to see if they still have a copy of it.

It's 5 years old, so I'm guessing it's gone forever.
This is a good idea.

Now I'm gonna have the chance to have all my old crappy album submissions on the internet
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
This is a good idea.

Now I'm gonna have the chance to have all my old crappy album submissions on the internet

I kinda feel the same about some of my submissions from albums 2-3 years ago, but it's all cool. Anyway I add the release date to the thing, so people will know if it's an old album.
so, would the ug splits from last year be Community or UGer?

also me and whoomit will probably put our recent split up, and i will probably put two of the waistband albums up
Last edited by yoman297 at Aug 28, 2013,