Poll: Dinner with opposite sex?
Poll Options
View poll results: Dinner with opposite sex?
Yes
38 60%
No
16 25%
Foreveralone
9 14%
Voters: 63.
Page 1 of 2
So I was just having a debate about someone going for a dinner with someone from the opposite sex, when they are in a relationship.

I thought it weren't right but some people disagreed saying it's okay for say, two girls to go out on a meal but once one of them is a boy its wrong which they didn't understand.

What do you think? Would you let your other half go to dinner with someone from the opposite sex?
Quote by Venice King
Snatch is such a crude term - Use a better one like axe-wound or cave-opening.

Gear:
Ibanez ART300
Roland Cube 20X

I make trip-hop
https://soundcloud.com/chris-thomas-214
^ Check it out
Quote by Chris3235
So I was just having a debate about someone going for a dinner with someone from the opposite sex, when they are in a relationship.

I thought it weren't right but some people disagreed saying it's okay for say, two girls to go out on a meal but once one of them is a boy its wrong which they didn't understand.

What do you think? Would you let your other half go to dinner with someone from the opposite sex?

I think it'd be a bit weird.
Would I let my wife go out with another male for a meal?

Yeah

Piece and quiet at last
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I'm okay with my girfriend going our for a meal with a guy. She's been asked before though and she's said no. I don't really have any friends so I'm unlikely to go out with another girl.
If your relationship is healthy, you have nothing to worry about.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Quote by Zombee
If your relationship is healthy, you have nothing to worry about.

Except your relationship becoming unhealthy
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
If it's purely platonic who cares. But if it was like "eh baby come get some dinna n maybe some fuk later" and she was like Im taken and then he's like "Well in that case, let's go as friends" then its definitely weird
Quote by OneHappyCamper
Except your relationship becoming unhealthy

I disagree with it so much. I feel going to dinner is like a special occasion that shouldn't be repeated with some bloke
Quote by Venice King

Gear:
Ibanez ART300
Roland Cube 20X

I make trip-hop
^ Check it out
yes

i mean, i guess if the guy has dildos and handcuffs strapped to his belt and they're going to his place late at night nah

but lets face it, they're just going to go grab a subway or some kfc
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
depends who the person is - if i know them fairly well and understand that its simply dinner then i'd allow it but if i suspected something was goin on then definitely not
Nothing inherently wrong with it, just depends on those involved. All 3 parties would have to be trusting of each other.
For me, there's only 1 guy I would trust in that situation, otherwise it would be a straight no if she asked.
The person your with is going to do what want to do eventually...
if their intention is dinner and vibes with someone who isnt you, shit happens and there are other fish; if their intention is a client or an actual friend, then no reason to cause a fight and get insecure.
Yeah I think it's a big big mistake to describe it as 'letting' or 'allowing it' to go ahead because she won't appreciate that at all, course she can do what she wants. That said, I'd find it a little odd as dinner is normally a romantic occasion unless it's business. The more formal/fancy restaurant, the weirder. KFC is fine haha.
Quote by janarumo
The person your with is going to do what want to do eventually...
if their intention is dinner and vibes with someone who isnt you, shit happens and there are other fish; if their intention is a client or an actual friend, then no reason to cause a fight and get insecure.

now in english...
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
now in english...

The person you're with is going to do what [they] want to do eventually...

forgot a they, its early here
Last edited by janarumo at Aug 27, 2013,
Quote by guitarxo
Dinner is a bit weird but ok. Lunch is fine

I get dinner with my wifed up female friends all the time.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by guitarxo
Dinner is a bit weird but ok. Lunch is fine

No clue how u logic.
I'm in a relationship. I occasionally go to lunch with a female friend of mine. My girlfriend doesn't care. Why should she?
i'd like to know the person that way i could have a better perspective on his intentions, but either way i wouldn't intervene. as was said before, if the relationship is healthy, there's nothing to worry about.
I'd be terribly uncomfortable if my BF went to dinner with another girl bc every girl he's been friends with in the past is kind of a skank who tries to get free shit from boy. But he does what he wants so as long as he brings me back some food from the restaurant, I might not be so mad.

He might be glad if someone else takes me out to dinner. He'll have some peace and quiet and not have to spend money. lol
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Do the people who are voting yes not think a one-to-one dinner is something couples do?
Quote by Venice King

Gear:
Ibanez ART300
Roland Cube 20X

I make trip-hop
^ Check it out
Quote by Chris3235
Do the people who are voting yes not think a one-to-one dinner is something couples do?

Is something lots of people do. Friends, business people, couples, everyone. The idea of anyone on here telling their girl they can't do things and them actually listening to them is mad
Quote by lolmnt
I get dinner with my wifed up female friends all the time.

Wifed up is okay. Random friend who you haven't seen in ages and are meeting for the first time in years is weird.

Quote by AxeToFall
No clue how u logic.

I logic very well.

Lunch is usually less formal than dinner. If it's lunch at a really nice hotel or dinner at Subway then obviously not, but you know what I mean

Therefore, dinner is probably going to be more expensive. I don't really like splitting the bill if it's a one-on-one meal with a close friend because it feels like I'm paying more attention to $ than the person I'm with, so one of us pays for the whole thing and the other person pays next time, or for post-meal things. Basically I'm just being cheap lol

But meals with people isn't just about the people, I also want to eat nice food.
cat
Quote by willT08
Is something lots of people do. Friends, business people, couples, everyone. The idea of anyone on here telling their girl they can't do things and them actually listening to them is mad

not really. i mean if you tell them you don't want the, to do something and give legitimate reasons for your concern and they value your opinion and concern, as most significant others would, and decide not to do aforementioned thing, i think that's just an exercise in healthy compromise. barking orders is disrespectful to your significant others autonomy, and an insistence to protect them is demeaning because you presume they have no ability to protect themselves, but mutual compromise is acceptable imo.
What are these legit reasons for stopping them from consuming food with another person?
Quote by willT08
What are these legit reasons for stopping them from consuming food with another person?

Because to me, when I go out to dinner with my girlfriend it's a special occasion. If she is out having dinner with other guys..it takes that special occassion feel away from it
Quote by Venice King

Gear:
Ibanez ART300
Roland Cube 20X

I make trip-hop
^ Check it out
Quote by willT08

none, i was speaking in general
Quote by Chris3235
Because to me, when I go out to dinner with my girlfriend it's a special occasion. If she is out having dinner with other guys..it takes that special occassion feel away from it

It's eating food.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by lolmnt
It's eating food.

Well shit you can narrow anything in life down to that.

marrying someone is putting a ring on a finger.
Quote by Venice King

Gear:
Ibanez ART300
Roland Cube 20X

I make trip-hop
^ Check it out
Quote by Chris3235

Hmm.. you have a point here. I think I'd feel the same but I know I do because I know I'm a jealous person. But I think even if we had dinner with our friends, OUR dinner dates would still be special.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Interesting how something with just a few possible answers/outcomes can have sooo many different viewpoints and reasoning
Quote by Chris3235
Well shit you can narrow anything in life down to that.

marrying someone is putting a ring on a finger.

The real answer is that it's situational. If its an expensive romantic dinner, that's weird. But it would be weird to go to a romantic dinner with a friend anyways. The weirder thing is that every time you get dinner with your girlfriend is a special occasion. I mean, going to get wings is a special occasion? Splitting a pizza is special?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by lolmnt
The real answer is that it's situational. If its an expensive romantic dinner, that's weird. But it would be weird to go to a romantic dinner with a friend anyways. The weirder thing is that every time you get dinner with your girlfriend is a special occasion. I mean, going to get wings is a special occasion? Splitting a pizza is special?

Yeah I think you right here. In my mind, I was thinking expensive romantic dinner every time.
Quote by Venice King

Gear:
Ibanez ART300
Roland Cube 20X

I make trip-hop
^ Check it out
Quote by OneHappyCamper
You can't pretend like there isn't any subtext to a pair of opposite gender people cancelling all other evening plans to go have dinner together.

If there is, that subtext is between their relationship anyway. If I take a female friend out who I'm not attracted to at all, it doesn't suddenly get sexual because we're at a restaurant. In fact, the one time I've done that, it became an in-depth discussion of what we'd do as tyrant ruler of the world.
So honest question, how many of you guys are going for romantic dinners with your male friends?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Page 1 of 2