Hello! I was playing a gig recently where my Fender Deville 410 sadly died. I've checked the amp since and there is still no power coming through (No light etc.) and at the time of its "death", it was plugged into the same adapter that was running the PA at the time.

My first act is to check the fuse and if nothing then it could be the output tubes. I've noticed two black circles in the tube but not sure whether this is normal or its a sign that the tube(s) have died.

And lastly, if I were to replace the tubes with the same manufacturer/specs then would I still need to rebias the amp or could I just plug them in and hope for the best?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
If the tube is of the same type - 6L6s with 6L6s, EL34s with EL34 ecc... you don't need to rebias a thing.

You see, the bias current is basically the voltage and current you have to run through the tube to make your sound run through them properly.

Different tubes need different voltages to operate properly and if the voltage you apply is too low, your sound will hardly be amplified (cold bias), and if you apply a higher voltage than what's designed for that specific tubes, you'll over-amplify your signal, resulting in distortion and probably ****ing the tubes up if the current/voltage is high enough (hot bias).

Not sure about the tubes, but if it's only one to have the two black circles (what kind of black circles, anyway? Pics would help) that's probaly the faulty tube, but though I'm not even slightly sure of that, I guess the problem it's not the tube if even the "on-light" turns on.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Thanks for the feedback! I checked the other tube and there's a lot of what seems to be silver coating inside the tube only on one side. I'm guessing that it probably blew but I'm not fully sure, and also this will be the first time where I've had to replace the output tubes if one or both of them have died which I'm confident in doing myself.
Quote by Spambot_2
If the tube is of the same type - 6L6s with 6L6s, EL34s with EL34 ecc... you don't need to rebias a thing.

You see, the bias current is basically the voltage and current you have to run through the tube to make your sound run through them properly.

Different tubes need different voltages to operate properly and if the voltage you apply is too low, your sound will hardly be amplified (cold bias), and if you apply a higher voltage than what's designed for that specific tubes, you'll over-amplify your signal, resulting in distortion and probably ****ing the tubes up if the current/voltage is high enough (hot bias).

Not sure about the tubes, but if it's only one to have the two black circles (what kind of black circles, anyway? Pics would help) that's probaly the faulty tube, but though I'm not even slightly sure of that, I guess the problem it's not the tube if even the "on-light" turns on.

Even using tubes of the same type from the same manufacturer will result in a different bias current. Most of the time it's within a window of safe operation but I wouldn't make a blanket statement like you did.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Quote by Teaisfantastic
Thanks for the feedback! I checked the other tube and there's a lot of what seems to be silver coating inside the tube only on one side. I'm guessing that it probably blew but I'm not fully sure, and also this will be the first time where I've had to replace the output tubes if one or both of them have died which I'm confident in doing myself.

If the stuff on the inside is silver, it might be good, but if it has turned white it's no good.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I tried uploading a pic but the file was too large. Basically, a chrome, mirror-like colour takes up half of one tube and the other tube has two chrome spots with a blackish circle around them.
That sounds like the tubes are fine, or at least from that description.
If the amp isn't even turning on (no lights, no sounds, no heat) then it's something else. Ignore the tubes for now and go for the fuse.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.