Page 1 of 2
It's significantly easier to make friends as you get older, there's a lot less ego/bullshit
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
It's significantly easier to make friends as you get older, there's a lot less ego/bullshit

This
Sail upon the open skies
I was always the youngest of all my friends. Now they're all gone and all I'm left with is a bunch of youngsters here on UG. >:/
i'm not sure, but i think my desire to make friends has lessened.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
i made a few new friends this year, but that is more the result of them knowing a mutual friend first. rarely do i go out of my way to talk to someone new, but ive always been that way.
no trouble making new friends.
Most of my friends from my teens I never see any more with 2 exceptions.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I've been friends with most of my friends for quite a while now. So I don't really try to meet new people. Not against it but I have no need to since I'm quite happy with my group of friends
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Making new associates is easy as hell, making a good friend has always been hard, good thing I've had teh same 2 best friends for over half a decade, and they haven't changed a bit.
I just click 'add friend'
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
for me, yes. but i have weird social anxiety issues and i'm paranoid that people don't like me even when they invite me to their house.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Easier to make acquaintances, but tougher to make good, meaningful friendships, as everyone is always so busy with work/relationships/home lives, and eventually kids and families.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
for me, yes. but i have weird social anxiety issues and i'm paranoid that people don't like me even when they invite me to their house.

haha me too, man. It's strange. People invite me to hang out and I'll still question if they think I'm annoying or something.

Quote by WCPhils
I used to think this but then I realized I wouldn't invite people to hang out if I didn't like them, so why would they?

Exactly.
It's a process, not an event.
Last edited by Do Re Mi at Aug 27, 2013,
Quote by jakesmellspoo

I used to think this but then I realized I wouldn't invite people to hang out if I didn't like them, so why would they?
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils

i know it, but it's always nagging at the back of my mind. the worst is asking friends if i can crash at their house.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I find it hard making friends because I feel I can't show my true personality to people until I feel more familiar and comfortable with them. This isn't intentional, it's just the weird way my brain works. So most of the time I meet new people I'm just the guy who stands there shaking his head a lot and mumbling some crap.
I have three great friends from back when I was a teenager. None of them from school.

As we grow older, and have stuff going on in all of our lives, we don't talk as often as we used to, but we still stay in touch.

I still go to uni, so I don't think I really count as an "adult" yet, but I find it very easy to make friends at work.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Aug 27, 2013,
yeah I can make normal friends but its harder to make those good friends that you go to when shits getting rough etc
its not difficult to make freinds but closer buds is difficult just occasional people i drink and party and or hangout and jam with my freinds have changed ive been told i havent changed a bit since high school
I found it harder to make friends as soon as I stopped skateboarding, when I was 16.
Skating's just a great way to bond, I guess.

EDIT: I have poor social skills though.

Honestly, at 23, I don't even enjoy hanging out with people for more than an hour; it just becomes a drag.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
I'm a 16yo introvert trying not to be, so not sure if age is a factor yet.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Yes and no. As said on the first page, in general there's less ego/bullshit. But also the older people get, in general the less they want new friends. Because they are settled down in life and probably just don't have time to do things like meeting new people all the time.
Quote by Duffman123
I find it hard making friends because I feel I can't show my true personality to people until I feel more familiar and comfortable with them. This isn't intentional, it's just the weird way my brain works. So most of the time I meet new people I'm just the guy who stands there shaking his head a lot and mumbling some crap.

I thought that's how you're supposed to do it

that's how I am
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
There's no way I could meet anyone new who I can become as close with as I am with my friends I've had since highschool. I've met some cool people in college and even got really close with them, but my original friends will always be the ones I can say whatever the hell I want and feel comfortable with it. It seems like every year of college I find a couple of new people with whom I come close with and then the ones from past years just fade away. So basically, my answer is no.
Quote by chev311e
There's no way I could meet anyone new who I can become as close with as I am with my friends I've had since highschool. I've met some cool people in college and even got really close with them, but my original friends will always be the ones I can say whatever the hell I want and feel comfortable with it. It seems like every year of college I find a couple of new people with whom I come close with and then the ones from past years just fade away. So basically, my answer is no.

Yea, this is how I am. I always hang with people throughout the year, and then it just repeats itself with new people at the start of the next year.

I don't see how I could be as close with people as I am with the friends I grew up with
___

Quote by The_Blode
I can see why you'd have a hard time making friends, TS.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Meeting new people? No, that's gotten easier if anything. Making new friends? Perhaps, since I typically have less time than I used to. But I prefer being around people with a mature frame of mind, so getting along with others is a breeze at uni.
Not sure if OP is implying a certain age range, but the transition to high school for me yielded a lot more friends, mainly in the music department. I assume the transition would be a little but harder when I head off to college.
Quote by CF_Mono
Meeting new people? No, that's gotten easier if anything. Making new friends? Perhaps, since I typically have less time than I used to. But I prefer being around people with a mature frame of mind, so getting along with others is a breeze at uni.

What does this mean exactly? No dick jokes?
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Most of my friends kinda turned out to be drug addicts and just shitbags in general. I kind of don't want to be associated with those types of people.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
On the contrary, homunculi are far easier to create with experience.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
All of my friends are back home. I have no ambition to make friends here in the city, but I've made a few acquaintances
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by Sam Rulez D00d
Most of my friends got into drugs, drinking, partying, etc. and since I don't do any of those, they don't really hang out with me anymore. Sucks.

Opposite of me. I barely hang out with a lot of people because they are balls deep in school mode; not going out and going to bed early. All I want to do is take er easy so that doesn't work for them. Oh well, I still consider them friends I guess.
children choose their friends based on no criteria whatsoever so yeah, making friends as a kid was incredibly easy. i have a handful of great friends that i made as a kid that i still hang out with, and i haven't actually made any new (real) friends for years. i know them all quite well and they know me because we grew up together. i can't really make new friends at all these days
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Page 1 of 2