The 4th/D string tuning peg on my Gibson SG has come out half a centimeter at the headstock. I tried to push it back in, but it wouldn't go in all the way, and when I tuned it, it popped up again. I asked my guitar teacher, he doesn't know what to do to it either. It affected the tuning by up to half a step, and it is going to be a pain to play live, as the SG is my primary guitar. I took a picture, but it's too big to upload. Any fixes for this seemingly simple problem?
\m/ (-_-) \m/
Have you contacted Gibson? For something that simple they may send you a replacement.
Couldn't you buy a new peg? They're fairly easily to install. Your local guitar store tech may be willing to sell you a single tuning peg, if he has any extras (which he might).
make sure the bushings around the peg is tight. Make sure there are no cracks around the tuning peg area.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by HippieMagic
Have you contacted Gibson? For something that simple they may send you a replacement.

Replacement peg or replacement guitar?

If the guitar, it is a '99 SG handed down from my uncle, it means a lot to me and him, so I can't just get a new one.
\m/ (-_-) \m/
Quote by DRMguitar
Replacement peg or replacement guitar?

If the guitar, it is a '99 SG handed down from my uncle, it means a lot to me and him, so I can't just get a new one.

Pretty sure he meant the tuner as a replacement. Make a photobucket or flickr account and upload the photo onto there, then send us the link in the thread.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Quote by Lavatain
Pretty sure he meant the tuner as a replacement. Make a photobucket or flickr account and upload the photo onto there, then send us the link in the thread.

Yeah I was pretty sure he meant the peg, but I just wanted to know.
\m/ (-_-) \m/
If you want the solution we need pics.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/