I'm a middle age guy that plays in a church praise band. Most Sundays that means business casual style attire. The problem is I need a belt for my pants, but don't wanna scrape up the back of electric guitars.

Thinking of getting one of these, but I'm open to suggestions.
[forbidden link]
Well I guess the MB rules forbid links. Its a Patagonia Friction Belt from backcountry.com ,
probably in black. But if someone uses something else and they like it, I'm all ears.
They also make finish protectors for the back of your guitar

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/scratch-pad-velvet-guitar-finish-protector

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
You can wear a belt without the buckle at your front you know. I just offset it a loop or two (depending on the pants) to the left. No buckle rash, and no new belts. It looks a little strange, but you can fix it in two seconds.
guitars:
Martin DCX1E
Fender 72' Telecaster Deluxe
Wrap a bit of felt around the buckle before you play?...
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
Quote by jumpthewhale
You can wear a belt without the buckle at your front you know. I just offset it a loop or two (depending on the pants) to the left. No buckle rash, and no new belts. It looks a little strange, but you can fix it in two seconds.

this, i'm a drummer and have a thing for bigger buckles. makes playing really uncomfortable. move buckle to the side. alls well.
i'm Ginger its fun
Yeah I scratch my guitars with my belt too. However I really don't care - I'd prefer to have gear with a bit of wear and tear than in pristine condition. It means I'm using it.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
^ And nobody even sees the back of your guitar.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
I agree with what was said before, turn your belt so the buckle is on the side.
When I was in high school this was a trend among some kids.
While I was playing guitar in my bands, I tried a bunch of different things to avoid that nasty buckle rash. I found that putting my belt buckle on sideways always worked.

Now I just do it as second nature. Nobody really looks at my belt, cause it's behind my guitar.
I play in a post hardcore band and I go crazy on stage. Jumping around, swinging my guitar around, stomping and just overall going nuts.
No buckle rash! My guitars are still in near perfect condition even though I go crazy at shows.
Sometimes, I don't even wear belts, but only on pants that fit well.

If you must wear a belt,
Sideways belts are the way to go to avoid buckle rash, in my opinion!
Some people like buckle rash on their guitars, and that's cool.
For me, I like to wear in my guitars, but I personally don't like buckle rash on my instruments.

What ever floats your boat I guess!