I just bought a pair of medium 11 gauge strings for my floyd Rose Ibanez, and figured I'd need the extra tension as that guitar often used light or very light gauged strings. So I opened up the back to add another spring, it currently has 3 as of now, but once I got the spring guard off, the springs instantly popped out, I remembered to loosen the strings all the way before removing the spring guard so I didn't expect this to happen.

So now I'm trying to add a 4th spring by taking the spring in the middle along with the additional one to make an " II II " pattern but everytime I try to get the springs back in they pop out on me, and now with the 2 springs in the slot where I screw the spring guard, there is no longer anything to hold them in place.

I'm at a loss right now, anyone out there know what I could do? Would 3 springs still work for 11 gauge strings? Or is there another way to get 4 springs on my guitar?
Last edited by ArcticWolf28 at Aug 27, 2013,
You should really ask in here;
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226&page=1&pp=40
I'd help if I could but I'm no expert- ask in there and one of the smarter guys will see it.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Aug 27, 2013,
Thanks for the link, but I managed to figure it out with just 3 springs. Thanks for the reply.
cool
I got sick of the hassles that come with a floyd rose and installed a device which effectively locks the bridge
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do