Page 1 of 2
My family is getting evicted soon, so we'll be moving in like 2-3 weeks. And the only places we've been able to find that are affordable, and will take my dog, are in the next town over. Which means I'll be switching schools. I've been thinking about reinventing myself, when I switch (eg; changing my hair, not being the socially anxious kid that can't talk to anyone, possibly actually being approachable as a person). I've never really had to deal with this kind of stuff.

Is it hard switching schools, and finding new friends?
this house is bitchin
It's always a little tough losing friends and making new ones. Just be sociable.
"This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded
This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded."
Well, I was going to write something encouraging, but then I saw you MLP avatar, so I think we can pretty much assume that you're going to have a hard time anywhere you go.

/thread
Listen. I'm sorry.
Quote by vilk
Well, I was going to write something encouraging, but then I saw you MLP avatar, so I think we can pretty much assume that you're going to have a hard time anywhere you go.

/thread

Actually, now that I think about, I just gotta find some bronies at whatever school I switch to. They're like the nicest people ever.

/thread
this house is bitchin
Quote by CaptainCanti
Actually, now that I think about, I just gotta find some bronies at whatever school I switch to. They're like the nicest people ever.

/thread

yeah, you'll be fine.
Every change in your life is going to have its challenges. I hate being the new guy, I just clam up, never know what to say to people. You'll get through it and it'll make you a better person for it in the end.
"Any statement beginning with the words 'In truth' is almost always a lie."

The Legion
Quote by CaptainCanti
drink more bleach

if a faceless guy on the internet is getting you upset you're in for a rough few years.
Quote by genghisgandhi
if a faceless guy on the internet is getting you upset you're in for a rough few years.

drink some more bleach
this house is bitchin
Quote by CaptainCanti

/thread

GOOD ****ING LUCK
ayy lmao
Quote by vilk

/thread

TS were you the guy with the skrillex haircut? Serious advice, cut it off. A new kid with that will immediately be ridiculed by everyone.
West Ham United
Quote by CaptainCanti

/thread

___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by CaptainCanti

/thread

Such a spot on post that no one even calls you out for /threading yourself.

Nah but TS you'll be fine. The fact that you are already planning to reinvent yourself and have a better, more social image says that you should have no trouble. Just be confident, try, and put yourself out there.

Last edited by SaintsofNowhere at Aug 28, 2013,
Okay, though you deserve flak for that brony comment, everyone else has those bases covered so I'll give legitimate advice.

Do not act moody, stand offish or silent for some bullshit "mysterious" persona. Shit doesn't work like that. Everyone will just think you're weird and/or not talk to you.

Get a better haircut. I'm all for expressing yourself, but your hair looks like roadkill. You're not doing anyone any favors. Just get something modern and mature. Get the dye out, keep it simple.

Be approachable. You don't have to throw yourself out in situations where you wouldn't normally be comfortable, but engage people in conversations that they start, and be sure to engage others. Get out and talk to people.

Join a sport/activity. READ: NOT A BRONY CLUB. Pick choir, band, or any sport. This gets you active in the school, and pretty much forces you to make friends. It's legitimately the best way to quickly meet people and start friendships.

Do not bring your guitar to school.

Seriously, don't do it.

Be funny, do not be a goofball. There's a difference.

Stay on top of your schoolwork. This goes without saying, but I have my doubts about you from some of your posts.

Don't make any class presentations about MLP:FiM

Seriously, do not do that.
Quote by blake1221

Seriously, don't do it.

Some kid did that at my school when I was a freshman and teachers were still talking about it when I graduated. Like he brought it in and just carried it around all day. If you have the charisma you can pull it off.

But yeah this kid shouldn't.
It can be hard, or it could be fine. Depends how you go about it.

My advice is have some self esteem, try to be social, and don't start up shit. (don't respond to people acting like assholes the way you did in this thread.)

And don't lie about yourself, but remember that not saying certain things when you meet someone is kinda important (yeah i'm talking about mlp, i'm not being a dick about it, just saying you won't have a good time if you start conversations with it.)

You'd be a little lonely at first, but it'll get better.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Quote by CaptainCanti
My family is getting evicted soon, so we'll be moving in like 2-3 weeks. And the only places we've been able to find that are affordable, and will take my dog, are in the next town over. Which means I'll be switching schools. I've been thinking about reinventing myself, when I switch (eg; changing my hair, not being the socially anxious kid that can't talk to anyone, possibly actually being approachable as a person). I've never really had to deal with this kind of stuff.

Is it hard switching schools, and finding new friends?

This is the perfect opportunity for you man. Just go in with the mindset that nobody knows you (since they really don't) and just don't give a **** about what they think and just talk to people. You'll be chillin.

And like Blake said, don't bring your guitar to school. It only looks cool in the movies. In real life, you look like an asshat.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Last edited by Jostry at Aug 28, 2013,
I brought my guitar to school for a year with my friend and we would sing and play together until he graduated. And everyone liked us.

Why?

Because we were good and already had friends in the first place. Don't even try it.
Quote by blake1221
Okay, though you deserve flak for that brony comment, everyone else has those bases covered so I'll give legitimate advice.

Do not act moody, stand offish or silent for some bullshit "mysterious" persona. Shit doesn't work like that. Everyone will just think you're weird and/or not talk to you.

Get a better haircut. I'm all for expressing yourself, but your hair looks like roadkill. You're not doing anyone any favors. Just get something modern and mature. Get the dye out, keep it simple.

Be approachable. You don't have to throw yourself out in situations where you wouldn't normally be comfortable, but engage people in conversations that they start, and be sure to engage others. Get out and talk to people.

Join a sport/activity. READ: NOT A BRONY CLUB. Pick choir, band, or any sport. This gets you active in the school, and pretty much forces you to make friends. It's legitimately the best way to quickly meet people and start friendships.

Seriously, don't do it.

Be funny, do not be a goofball. There's a difference.

Stay on top of your schoolwork. This goes without saying, but I have my doubts about you from some of your posts.

Don't make any class presentations about MLP:FiM

Seriously, do not do that.

I feel like I just got lectured by Brad Pitt.
You're my hero.
this house is bitchin
Quote by genghisgandhi
Some kid did that at my school when I was a freshman and teachers were still talking about it when I graduated. Like he brought it in and just carried it around all day. If you have the charisma you can pull it off.

But yeah this kid shouldn't.

Yeah, I took my guitar to a video class because my teacher played guitar and had his guitar and amp there and there were probably around six or seven people in that class that played guitar. That was kinda a group thing.

But I probably shouldn't even say this because Blake's advice is solid
Quote by CaptainCanti
I feel like I just got lectured by Brad Pitt.

creepy pedo goatee pitt or middle parted soccer mom pitt? (✿◡‿◡

Quote by MinterMan22
creepy pedo goatee pitt or middle parted soccer mom pitt? (✿◡‿◡

fight club pitt
Quote by blake1221
It's weird how much I look like Brad Pitt.

are you brad pitt
this house is bitchin
Page 1 of 2