Hello
I've noticed that when I pick alot of notes between two to 3 strings, my right hand (my picking hand) does figure eight like movements. But is that wrong?
ideally you should be making the smallest movements possible.... but there isn't necessarily a wrong way to pick unless you feel discomfort or pain. there is just more effective ways to play.
i hesitate to call any way of playing "wrong," but it's probably an unnecessary movement that is causing extra tension. eventually you should be able to do it mainly with the wrist, and you may not get tired as quickly that way since you're using larger muscles.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by jasaku226
Hello
I've noticed that when I pick alot of notes between two to 3 strings, my right hand (my picking hand) does figure eight like movements. But is that wrong?

Figure eight in which plane? How much extra movement is this causing you? Are you more tense because of it?

This is not enough information.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.