Hey UGers,
long time forum reader and first time poster.

Basically im looking for advice about changing the speakers in my valveking 212. so far i have decided on the eminence Man o war and Vintage 30 (both 16 ohm).

Does anyone have any experience with this specific combination of speakers? or just one type?

My idea is to keep the cleans nice, bright and rounded. For distortion i would like to achieve a tight sound for heavy riffing and strong leads.

basically i play everything from basic jazz, coheed, to parkway drive.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

tl;dr Valveking 212 speaker swap, Ideas?
i don't own a valveking, but I've tried that celestion combo (the manowar is eminence's version of the g12t75, as far as i'm aware).

nice combo, yeah. maybe if you were going with the manowar it might be more sensible to go with the governor (or if you want the v30, to go with the g12t75). Unless you have a specific reason for wanting to mix manufacturers.

a v30 and classic lead (eminence doesn't do a classic lead clone any more) combo might also be worth considering- tighter on the bass than the g12t75 and chunkier, but more modern-sounding (which might not be what you want).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I would check out warehouse guitar speakers. You could even shoot them an email and they might have a good recommendation for you.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
thanks for the replies
so if i understand a v30= governor and g12t75= man o war
no specific reason for reason for mixing manufacturers
just trying to get an idea on whats what
Quote by Blemur
thanks for the replies
so if i understand a v30= governor and g12t75= man o war
no specific reason for reason for mixing manufacturers
just trying to get an idea on whats what

Yes, but in case of Man O War people who have heard both have said that there are enough differences to consider them different speakers. Similar but not a 1:1 clone.

Thats what I remember reading when I googled around the subject. Decided to go actual Celestion T75 for my Jet City cab instead. Anyway, I would say the same holds true with V30 vs Governor. There are even video comparisons available.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k2ZfTe_PH8

Based on V30 or no, it sounds like its own speaker.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Aug 28, 2013,
yeah the governor and manowar are eminence's versions of that style of speaker rather than direct clones. I haven't tried them, but the eminences I have tried which are their versions of other classic speakers don't sound identical, either.

That's actually the main reason why I wondered why you were thinking of mixing manufacturers- not that it wouldn't work, but that as they're slightly different, just because a v30 combines well with a g12t75 doesn't necessarily mean it'd combine well with a manowar, the governor might combine better with it.

of course, you may prefer mixing manufacturers, but I'd probably only do that if i'd tried it before and knew I liked it, kind of thing.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Aug 28, 2013,
K100 and a V30

That is what is in four of my cabs, best combination imo.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/