Hello

I'm looking to buy a Epiphone Les Paul and has found the one linked below on eBay however I have read a lot about fake ones. Is anyone able to give the listing a quick look and see if it looks genuine for me?

Thank you

Link:
[forbidden link]
Forbidden link. You have to post so many times on UG before you're allowed to post pics or URL's. It's done to help prevent adbots and new users from sharing harmful links.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Sorry I didn't realise I couldn't link, is there a way to get a link to it or how many posts do I need before I can?
Link itself doesn't work. If you're using a bookmarked page you need to get the full ebay URL instead.
Quote by tarkmiddy
Sorry I didn't realise I couldn't link, is there a way to get a link to it or how many posts do I need before I can?

The guitar is not faked

made Sept 04 at the Korean Unsung factory

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221274239448?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_npmv%3D3%26_nkw%3D221274239448%26_rdc%3D1#ht_357wt_917

Last edited by paruwi at Aug 28, 2013,
Quote by paruwi

Unfortunately, Serials are very easy to fake.

EDIT: And hell, I'm immediately skeptical because the headstock has a volute. That's not right.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Aug 28, 2013,
Quote by oneblackened
Unfortunately, Serials are very easy to fake.

EDIT: And hell, I'm immediately skeptical because the headstock has a volute. That's not right.

I know about serials...

but the guitar is legit, nonetheless

btw Unsung made Epis with volutes in 2011, too

Last edited by paruwi at Aug 28, 2013,
Huh. Did not know that...

Plus, I thought Epiphones were almost all made in China now. Interesting.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Huh. Did not know that...

Plus, I thought Epiphones were almost all made in China now. Interesting.

Epi never stopped producing guitars in Korea

biggest part is made in their two own factories in China,
most entry level guitars are made at the Samick factory in Indonesia
some still are made in Korea, mostly at the Unsung factory
the few remaining Elitist models are still made in Japan
Thank you everyone, I appreciate you guys checking it out, I may well go for it and buy it
Sorry one other thing. I read somewhere that the tuning pegs on a epiphone have glover embossed on them, is that right? Can't spot it on my linked one. Thank you for your help, I don't know much about epiphones
The tuners say GROVER and yes you can clearly see that the back of the tuners say Grover. The guitar is legit. You asked and got an answer why are you arguing? Epi's are rarely faked. When you see a $4000 Gibson for $500 then worry.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Sorry wasn't arguing just wanted to double check. Thank you for your help everyone
Quote by yellowv
The tuners say GROVER and yes you can clearly see that the back of the tuners say Grover. The guitar is legit. You asked and got an answer why are you arguing?

Epi's are rarely faked.

When you see a $4000 Gibson for $500 then worry.

Epis are NOT rarely faked....

they are faked at huge amounts...

especially LP Customs
and Zakk Wyldes
and Slash signatures

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/epiphone-les-pauls/31153-fake-epiphone-thread-ii-405.html
Ah yeah I forgot about those fake ZW and Slash Epi's. Just doesn't make sense to me to fake a cheap import guitar.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Quote by yellowv
Ah yeah I forgot about those fake ZW and Slash Epi's. Just doesn't make sense to me to fake a cheap import guitar.

that's why they sell pretty well...

people don't think it could be....

they still make some hundred bucks with a faked Epi

many faked Epis makes a lot of bucks