I've played very little guitar or bass in years. Back when, there were bulk strings available at Musician's Friend and Music123. VAST savings...if you knew what you wanted and were willing to buy 10 or more sets' worth at once.

That option disappeared.

I haven't seen any new music gear catalogs for a long time. I'm trying to get into playing again.

Advice, anyone?

Thx!
If your real cheap, Musicians Friend has sets for $1.99 each

www.guitarfetish.com has cheap strings and even in bulk

I really like www.stringsandbeyond.com I have ordered from them a few times and they have super fast shipping and great customer service.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Thanks All!

http://www.juststrings.com/bulkstrings.html has exactly what I had in mind. That is, bulk strings sold by individual gauge and type for each position. The brands I knew of were S.I.T. and Rogue. This is GREAT if you know your string types well. Otherwise prepackaged sets are the way to go. I liked heavier nickel rounds for the lower strings.
i just buy a 10 pack of D"addario Nickel Blues .11's i think its like $35. beats most other options, and it works great for me.

but strings are a personal thing.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
i know you can buy them like in 25 sets, but the strings usually come in a large retainer box, kinda like a feeder thing, and they are not sealed, so they would just end up corrroding before you could use them all anyways
I only feel like me when I'm behind my ax...
Quote by slayer1979
i know you can buy them like in 25 sets, but the strings usually come in a large retainer box, kinda like a feeder thing, and they are not sealed, so they would just end up corrroding before you could use them all anyways

That could be a real problem! The bulk strings I used to get came in plastic sleeves about 42" by 2" and so the strings were not coiled. They also had those absorbent little packets. You could get 'em by normal shipping altho' they do look a bit weird...plain brown wrapper of same dimensions. From reading the just strings link it's very much the same.
Have a look on ebay. I've had some good bulk buy deals on there in the past.

These days though, I prefer to pay standard shop prices. There used to be about a dozen guitar shops within 10-15 miles of me, now there are two. For that reason, I want to support them. Also, as I am a known customer, they are more likely to provide help & assistance when I need it.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud