Hey, i'm going to buy a second guitar as my first is total shit. I want something versatile, like i wanna play heavy blues (reignwolf, the graveltones), rock n roll (lep zeppeliny stuff) maybe sometimes jazz. What do you suggest? I don't have anything particular in mind.
Take your pick: http://www.reverendguitars.com/category/guitar/

Most can be found cheaper than the MSRP on the websites, and, though they're a small company, used Reverends can be found.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
See, that's important to know. So is your budget.

What brands are available where you plan on shopping?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Aug 28, 2013,
Schecter, ibanez, charvel, ltd, esp, gibson, fender, godin, gretsch, jackson, jay turser, cort, squier, washburn, yamaha, dbz, epiphone, prs, peavey these are the ones i can remember and my budget is about 600 dollars which is close to 1200 liras.
Last edited by m.kilic041095 at Aug 28, 2013,
Quote by m.kilic041095
Schecter, ibanez, charvel, ltd, esp, gibson, fender, godin, gretsch, jackson, jay turser, cort, squier, washburn, yamaha, dbz, epiphone, prs, peavey these are the ones i can remember and my budget is about 600 dollars which is close to 1200 liras.

Fender Stratocaster HSS

http://www.fender.com/series/modern-player/modern-player-stratocaster-hss-rosewood-fingerboard-olympic-white/
Last edited by Blackfire. at Aug 28, 2013,
I prefer semi-hollow for dirty rock tones. Also p90s are a plus for that tone, IMHO. Granted all my electrics have humbuckers, but I have had 3 guitars with p90s.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Quote by m.kilic041095

Of those listed, I'd gravitate towards Gibson, Fender, Godin, Gretsch and PRS guitars that are in your budget (if any). Ibanez, Yamaha and Epiphone make very good budget guitars as well.

I'd expect the Gibsons, Fenders and PRS to be the priciest, with Godin & Gretsch not far behind, bit still probably a better bargain than similarly specced guitars of the first 3.

I like hollowbodies, but they're going to be pricier due to the workmanship involved in making a good one-look at the hollowbody Gretsch and Godins and you'll see what I mean. For your purposes, stick to semihollows. And if you want a semihollow, the Ibanez Artcores and Epiphone semis deliver excellent bang for the buck. If they're available in your price range, also consider the Gretsch Electromatics and Godin Kingpins.

Some are semi, some are full- you have to look at the individual specs.

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Aug 28, 2013,
Quote by m.kilic041095
I thought artcores were full-hollow?

They have some that are semi-hollow. I had the AS73(?)... I think that was it.... Long story short, awesome guitar, but I had trouble with the body shape.
Ibanez SR1200E