I love fusion cuisines, because it's like it hits two spots at once.

What is your favorite fusion cuisine? Or your favorite mix of two cuisines?

Cajun is like French+southern
Korean+Mexican=awesome
American+Mexican=awesome

give me other examples cos I want to try this shit. And if there are no restaurants near me that serve that kinda shit, I'll make it my goddamn self.
Tex Mex count? 'Tis quite good.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
I mean, kind of, and it is delicious. But it's the laziest fusion ever. Like if someone took creamy peanut butter and natural peanut butter and combined them and was like, "Voila, look at my new fusion butter!"
I can't think of any other fusion food I've ever had...or heard of for that matter, other than ____-American, which is just the lazy American version of a certain type of food.

I like Italian food and Mexican food. Is there an Italian-Mexican?
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
I mix "Indian" cuisine with everything, even baking. Made a Chai walnut loaf w/clove butter and brown sugar at work the other day.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by captainsnazz
Yeah this but not nearly as classy

I'm just imagining you throwing some chana masala into a container of take-out spaghetti and meatballs, mixing it up, and just going to town on that shit.
Quote by progdude93
That sounds ****ing delicious. Post the recipe please

thanks!

Basically, take a standard banana walnut bread recipe that you like, but take out about 3-6 bananas from the recipe and sub them for 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of honey. Into the batter, add 1 ground tbsp each of: clove, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger. If you like it kinda spicy, add a tbsp of coriander.

Clove Butter:
1/4 cup melted butter
2-3 tbsp ground clove (freshly ground is the best if you have a coffee grinder)

After the loaf is in the oven for 20 min (or is nice and solid on top), mix the melted butter and ground clove in a bowl until all the clumps are out and brush the mixture onto the loaf. Save some to brush onto the loaf again once it is out of the oven and has cooled for a few minutes.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Clove's a bit bitter on its own though, isn't it? You don't add any honey into the butter to even it out a bit?
Never even heard of a Korean-Mexican fusion and this is blowing my mind
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by progdude93
Clove's a bit bitter on its own though, isn't it? You don't add any honey into the butter to even it out a bit?

You can, but I like to sprinkle the top with tons of brown sugar instead (I often layer the butter and brown sugar over and over again to get a nice crust). You don't really need to if you put a thinner layer of the butter on, but if the pastry is less sweet then load on that honey/sugar
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

^ ahhhh forgot about the brown sugar. If I could make one amendment to your recipe, however, I'd probably take the loaf out of the oven 2/3 cooked, then add the clove butter, and then top it with the brown sugar. The sugar will melt with the butter and result in an almost caramel-y melty goodness.

EDIT: it seems that is what you do. I misread your post.

Quote by Cianyx
Never even heard of a Korean-Mexican fusion and this is blowing my mind

Korean BBQ tacos. ****ing incredible. Honestly, after having consumed, read about, and dreamed about tacos, I've come to the conclusion that the taco is just a great delivery system for any food.
Last edited by progdude93 at Aug 28, 2013,
Does Americanized-Asian food count?

Korean BBQ tacos omfg jdnuineuwhfeuwnnce sounds delicious
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing