I have some old wireless headphones that were used for my computer or tv.

How do I hook up it to my Guitar Amp?
I tried but it doesnt work.

These are similar to my headphones.
[forbidden link]
Does your amp have a headphones output? What amp is it?
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
What amp do you have? Most amps don't, have them with the exception being modeling amps.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
that's not true, most amps I've played have them. I just checked, and 5/6 of my amps have headphone outs, and none of them are modeling amps.
Quote by ne14t
I like a man's cream on my face every morning before my tea.

My girlfriend and her mom see each other nude daily for some weird reason
Yeah, modelling amps maybe aren't an exception - a lot of solid state amps have headphone outputs, but it's definitely more rare in tube amps.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by Metalisnotmusic
that's not true, most amps I've played have them. I just checked, and 5/6 of my amps have headphone outs, and none of them are modeling amps.

What amps are you playing? I

Mesa recs and mark's dont.

Splawn doesn't

A 6505 and iirc a xxx and a jsx don't

Engls don't

Fryette don't

I dout diezel do.

.Marshalls do on the cheap end.

What about a slo?

I own a splawn nitro, promod, mesa mkiv abd a sig x. A 68 bassman. As well as a fdw more.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Metalisnotmusic

So you've got 6 cheap SS amps, then. That's pretty much the only subset of amps besides modelers that regularly come with headphone jacks. It certainly doesn't mean that "most" amps have headphone jacks. If you went on Musician's friend I think you'd find that way less than 50% of the amps they stock have a headphone jack.

Anyway, we need more information about what amp is being used and what headphones, and what method of connecting the two.
Its a line 6 spider iv 15 watt amp and it has a outlet on the amp that says headphones.

These are similar to my headphones
Have you made sure that the headphones work with some other piece of equipment? They should work just fine with the amp.

Only thing I can think of is that you'd need a mono to stereo adapter, but even without it you should be getting the amp signal through one side of the headphones.
^yeah, and generally the headphone out on most amps i have seen is TRS anyway cuz they know your sticking headphone in them.

i was going to ask if the headphones were bluetooth and that TS was using a bluetooth transmitter plugged into the amp's headphone out.

Quote by Metalisnotmusic

uh, 0/14 of my amps have headphone outs.

i tend to associate the option with either modeling or low end practice amps.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Aug 29, 2013,
You may need an adapter to go from 3.5mm to 6.3mm?

Also if they're old wireless headphones that haven't been used in a long time, the battery in them could just be knackered. Give them a good long charge to see if that helps, but if they're really old they may just be dead.
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by xmax3x
Its a line 6 spider iv 15 watt amp and it has a outlet on the amp that says headphones.

These are similar to my headphones

Assuming everything is functional, it should work fine.

If it doesn't we can reasonably assume that not everything is functional.

Start troubleshooting...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I'm interested in the hatred of SS amps now. I have a Marshall HDFX (it's from a while back, not the push button start ones), and a Mesa Triple Rectifier, and I prefer the tone of the Marshall, even at high volumes. I've played and recorded through Lead 800's, and even though I find they sound better (more noticeably on the clean channels) , I cannot justify the price range for the quality. And for clarity, emulated line outs count as headphones, as good headphones run 1/4. I doubt 0/14 had emulated outs, or some variation of a non-powered 1/4 out. I don't own any amps with mini outs, but I think Spider 15's do.

For my good friend Max, I'm not sure why you're having the problem. I would imagine the issue is with the headphones themselves, or with the way you're connecting the two
Quote by ne14t
I like a man's cream on my face every morning before my tea.

My girlfriend and her mom see each other nude daily for some weird reason
^
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

Quote by Metalisnotmusic
I'm interested in the hatred of SS amps now. I have a Marshall HDFX (it's from a while back, not the push button start ones), and a Mesa Triple Rectifier, and I prefer the tone of the Marshall, even at high volumes. I've played and recorded through Lead 800's, and even though I find they sound better (more noticeably on the clean channels) , I cannot justify the price range for the quality. And for clarity, emulated line outs count as headphones, as good headphones run 1/4. I doubt 0/14 had emulated outs, or some variation of a non-powered 1/4 out. I don't own any amps with mini outs, but I think Spider 15's do.

For my good friend Max, I'm not sure why you're having the problem. I would imagine the issue is with the headphones themselves, or with the way you're connecting the two

Since tone is subjective it's of course your call as to which you prefer.

But most of us will likely feel free to ignore any further comments you make on this particular subject in the future, since your ears are clearly broken...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I'd also like to point out that literally no post in this thread has said anything about SS amps being bad. That's some quality kneejerk defensiveness there. Bonus points for being wrong about a line out being a viable headphone out. A line out is a low output, high input impedance signal, so if you're lucky you may hear something through headphones through it but it won't be pretty. Maybe some amps have a line out that works ok with headphones, but there are none than I'm aware of and it's certainly absurd to call the two interchangeable.
Quote by Roc8995
I'd also like to point out that literally no post in this thread has said anything about SS amps being bad. That's some quality kneejerk defensiveness there. Bonus points for being wrong about a line out being a viable headphone out. A line out is a low output, high input impedance signal, so if you're lucky you may hear something through headphones through it but it won't be pretty. Maybe some amps have a line out that works ok with headphones, but there are none than I'm aware of and it's certainly absurd to call the two interchangeable.

Valvetronix have it labeled as "Headphone/Line Out" (or "Line Out/Headphone").
At least on the original AD models.
Dunno about the ones after that.
Kinda sounds like poo though.
But its usable.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Aug 30, 2013,
I think i need a connector. The cable to the headphones does not fit in the headphone outlet in my amp. My headphone cable only fits into the MP3/CD outlet.

I will go to guitarcenter and ask them what I need to make it fit/work.

thanks
Quote by xmax3x
I think i need a connector. The cable to the headphones does not fit in the headphone outlet in my amp. My headphone cable only fits into the MP3/CD outlet.

I will go to guitarcenter and ask them what I need to make it fit/work.

thanks

Quote by GaryBillington
You may need an adapter to go from 3.5mm to 6.3mm?

i think gary might have been on the right path. you can go to radio shack to get a 1/8" to 1/4" TRS adapter for a couple bucks.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae