Hey guys,

Already made another thread a couple of days ago about buying a new electric, but now narrowed it down to 2 brands. Please keep in mind, I'm on a tight budget and need a guitar at the moment for some performances as my old one has failed me and I need a fix until I save up enough to buy a higher end electric later on!

I narrowed it down to:

1. Fernandes Revolver X
2. Ibanez RG series - especially the RG370 - found it used (and maybe the RG350MDX, and the RG470 as well - generally lower end RG's - probably going with used or cheap new ones) (must have whammy bar).

My questions are:

- Which of these would stay in tune better/longer during whammy bar usage, etc?

- Which one has a smaller neck, as far as I know, the Fernandes has a 16 neck, don't know about the RG series guitars though?

- Which of these generally has better build, quality, etc?

- I think the Ibanez have ZR, Edge 3, Edge 2, etc trem bridges while the Fernandes Revolver X has a licensed FR trem bridge. Which do you think is relatively better? (Whammy bar is a must for me - and since I need it to relatively stay in tune, also need a floating bridge as well)

- Which of these (revolver vs. RG370 vs. RG350MDX vs. RG470) gives better sound with the stock pickups? Not THAT huge of an issue for me since I have an effects pedal I use along with the guitars, but would like to know nonetheless.

Thanks!!

P.S: Please keep in mind I mostly play hard rock/metal/metalcore, and mostly rhythm with the occasional soloing/lead.
Last edited by lp026713389 at Aug 29, 2013,
If you want a good trem, you shouldn't be looking at low -eng RGs. They either have the Edge III or the Lo-TRS, neither of which are particularly good. You should be looking for a used RG550 or an S-series with those nice ZR trems.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
A little out of my price range, but thanks for the suggestion dude. I'm only looking for something somewhat temporary for the coming year so these are the current options I have. Any comments about the Fernandes?
The newer RG370 should have the edge zero II bridge and that's much superior to the old lo-trs and edge IIIs!
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
The Fernandes

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Usually, Ibanez can't be beaten on budget axes for metal.

I think this is one occasion where they are. I really like my Ravelle Elite's ergonomics, and the other Fernandes guitars I have handled have all been pretty well-made. The trem on the Revolver X is a licensed Floyd, so it's probably a toss-up between that and the one on the Ibanez.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!