*Couldn't seem to find an appropriate forum*

I recently bought Guitar Pro, and I received it in the newest version (6). I made a a tab and uploaded it. The problem is, many people do not have this newest version of Guitar Pro. Those who use TuxGuitar cannot even open the file because GP6 saves as a GPX file. Since I want everybody to be able to view my tab, the only choice I seem to have is to export the file as a GP5 file and update my tab with it. The problem is, when exported as a Gp5 file and opened with Tux, there are a whole range of problems. There can be no double dots (which I can fix), no volume automation =[, Pre-bends or bends that happen on a held-out note in the next measure don't even work, and the symphony tracks sound horrible. Any advice to make this tab that I am very prroud of available to everybody in as correct of form as possible? Do I have to deal with each of these problems separately?
Quote by marcelaguiar
The problem is, when exported as a Gp5 file and opened with Tux, there are a whole range of problems. There can be no double dots (which I can fix), no volume automation =[, Pre-bends or bends that happen on a held-out note in the next measure don't even work, and the symphony tracks sound horrible. Any advice to make this tab that I am very prroud of available to everybody in as correct of form as possible? Do I have to deal with each of these problems separately?

The features you're missing were added in GP6. The GP5 file format doesn't support them, meaning they won't show up if you try to export a GP6 file as a GP5.

As for orchestra tracks, GP6 uses a different system for handling non-guitar sounds now. It used to just bounce them to your computer's MIDI system (MIDI is basically universal, and plays nice with other programs like TuxGuitar), now it doesn't.

There's no real fix for these problems. Ain't that a biii-aaa-aatch.

I bought GP6 shortly after it was launched, mostly for the 8-string support (admit it, you had a djent phase too) and the RSE (which sounds ass anyway). In the more than two years I've had it, I've used TuxGuitar far more.