So hello, I am absolute newb at composing, but I tried something. TBH, I know nothing about drums, so they might be absolutely wrong, dont know... I am stuck now, can anyone tell me if it's good, or bad, or try to help me continue somehow, maybe solo/melody/vocals.. Thanks
Attachments:
song.gp5
Look man, everybody sucks at the beginning. Sucking at something is the first step towards being sorta good at something. Jake the dog said that.

But if you claim this is indeed one of your first endeavors then it is not bad at all, definitely better than what I wrote when I started.

The idea is to constantly keep trying, evolving and experimenting.

Now as to the song it self...It is not bad, nothing I havent heard before but it doesnt sound like shit. Typical alt metal if anything.

Bars 47-52 sounded seriously out of place, they just dont go along with the song's vibe.

The main riff is very nice, sounds a bit like Black Cobra. I can totally imagine it completely fuzzed out.

The chord progression on the arpeggio part is nice but the arpeggios dont really fit, they seem too slow and out of pace.

You should definitely continue it and work on it, add more melodies and instruments and try making it sound more...alive?

Most important, work and dont give up.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by Guitar0player
Look man, everybody sucks at the beginning. Sucking at something is the first step towards being sorta good at something. Jake the dog said that.

Bars 47-52 sounded seriously out of place, they just dont go along with the song's vibe.

The main riff is very nice, sounds a bit like Black Cobra. I can totally imagine it completely fuzzed out.

Thanks, Yeah, those bars are just totally ready to get replaced
Quote by Kubajz123
Thanks, Yeah, those bars are just totally ready to get replaced

Reworked if anything, dont throw riffs away. Everything can be recycled and used again.

Now, if you dont mind...can you comment on my song? It is a few posts below.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.