Page 1 of 2
i was just chilling reading the pit on school computers today and some random guy just pulls up a chair beside me and says rather obnoxiously ULTIMATE GUITAR DOT COM

i'm like ya man, sup

and he just sits there like an idiot for a few seconds looking at my computer screen. so i kind of just resume browsing and he just walks away

all in all this experience was pretty much exactly how i always imagined it would be, extremely awkward and unsatisfying

anyone else?
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I always suspect that any guitarist is a UGer. It's not exactly rocket science with UG being the biggest tab provider on the internet with thousands of members. As long as a guitarist knows how to use and frequents the internet a lot, he or she will most likely be a forum goer.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Met one of my exes through UG, though I don't suppose that's all that random. My current girlfriend and her dad use it a lot for uke tabs, from what I understand. Stumbled upon them reading one day and was pleasantly surprised.
That's just how I'd imagine that going

Quote by Harmonius
I always suspect that any guitarist is a UGer. It's not exactly rocket science with UG being the biggest tab provider on the internet with thousands of members. As long as a guitarist knows how to use and frequents the internet a lot, he or she will most likely be a forum goer.

what
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
i dont doubt for one second that ive accidentally happened upon a few users. especially considering there are like four or five that all live within fifteen minutes of me.

im sure whatever happened (if it even did) was fairly normal.
I use to browse back in highschool a bit and I remember opening up the homepage one day and some idiot was still logged in. Cant remember his name but i changed his bio to something about suckin big ol dicks and I changed all of his favorite bands to "whichever bands have the biggest dicks" or something like that and there were just dicks all over his profile.

I recognized the kid from his profile picture too. He was a grade below me
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Aug 29, 2013,
I met Will and Dylan but they knew I was on my way out to Tucson so it wasn't exactly random.
Quote by whywefight
Almost every guitarist I know uses this site for tabs. None use the forums.

Even the older guitarists that are approaching being middle-aged use this site every once in a while.

This.

All of my guitarist friends use the site, but nobody uses the forums.
Quote by CoreysMonster
This.

All of my guitarist friends use the site, but nobody uses the forums.

Apparently somebody does.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by whywefight
what a loser

Indeed.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
The forums have certainly hit their peak, I'd guess there are 1000 regulars max. When that's spread around the world what are the chances that you'd meet someone?

I know only one person who uses UG but of course he doesn't use the forums.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
op is brilliant

ive almost run into ace. he told a story about how he drunkenly pulled the fire alarm somewhere in a drunken stupor after the leafs choked and i almost went to the same place for food and drinks after the game because my buddy really likes the place. some of them went but i didnt. i should probably fact check aces story, probably happened though that dudes a maniac.
Wait.... you mean there's another guy from Iceland on UG????

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Most people I know that play guitar go on here to get tabs.
Im the only person I know that uses the forums.
Quote by Harmonius

nope. not even slightly
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
I've met eight UGers (most of which I don't remember their usernames, most of them don't go on UG these days), all through the drug thread. We're a pretty close-knit community that we've kept going for years upon years. Includes people from Boston, Detroit, few places in Canada, Hawaii. In fact, one is flying out here next week and spending the week with us, and we're going to Toronto to meet up with a few other UGers over the weekend, before he parts ways with us to meet a couple other UGers in SE Canada and the east coast of the US. In a few weeks here I'll be meeting up with another two UGers that I haven't met before as well.

Though honestly at this point, this group of people has transcended the internet friendship level years ago. A number of these people are pretty deeply intertwined in my life (personally, in real life), and they're like family to me.
Last edited by RPGoof at Aug 29, 2013,
Quote by AllJudasPriest
I'd likely have a heart attack if I met anyone from UG

Wanna hang out this weekend?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by AllJudasPriest
I'd likely have a heart attack if I met anyone from UG

Likewise, because I'd be unprepared to see such beauty in person.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by lolmnt
Wanna hang out this weekend?
Only if I can step on you

Edit: Wait, it's your birthday this weekend, isn't it?
Quote by AllJudasPriest
Only if I can sick my seven parrots on you and discard your carcass in the Atlantic, then sure.

Wait, it's your birthday this weekend, isn't it?
It was yesterday, but I'm celebrating this weekend.

But it sounds like I've got new plans with you and your parrots so I guess I'll have to cancel.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by lolmnt
It was yesterday, but I'm celebrating this weekend.

But it sounds like I've got new plans with you and your parrots so I guess I'll have to cancel.
Edit catch....

What did you get for birthday?
Quote by AllJudasPriest
Edit catch....

What did you get for birthday?
Money. I'm about to go crazy on Amazon.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by AllJudasPriest
Did you party?
Tomorrow if this parrot thing doesn't happen.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by Xiaoxi
Wait.... you mean there's another guy from Iceland on UG????

Iceland has computers?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Well there was the time I thought I met Disarm but it was really some dude high as balls. He punched me in the arm so I assumed it was him because he knows what I look like, was like "Oh you must be Disarm" and he just went with it...we spoke for a good 5 minutes as well
Page 1 of 2