I need help trying to choose slanted or straight 4x12 cabinet! Can somebody please go into detail on the differences!? thanks
they're essentially the same cabinet in terms of overall performance. It's just that the slanted cabinet is slanted backwards at the top, so that it looks neater when you place a head on top of the cabinet. Non-slanted cabinets allow for other cabinets to be stacked on top of them.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Straight cabs also tend to have a bigger bass response than a slant because of the extra room in the cab.

You can hear yourself better with a slant cab
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Straight cab.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Slanted fits into a trunk easier.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
If you're standing next to a slant cab while playing in a band situation, it'll disperse the sound to your ears a little better than a straight cab will. I.E. -- you might be able to hear yourself a little better. Also, if you're performing at the same level as your audience, or in a traditional ampitheater, your sound might disperse a little better than with a straight cab.

We're not talking about huge differences here, however.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Quote by KailM
If you're standing next to a slant cab while playing in a band situation, it'll disperse the sound to your ears a little better than a straight cab will. I.E. -- you might be able to hear yourself a little better. Also, if you're performing at the same level as your audience, or in a traditional ampitheater, your sound might disperse a little better than with a straight cab.

We're not talking about huge differences here, however.

Exactly. And I would even say it is quite a difference. I play on straight cabs, besause I like the extra kick in the stomach. But I wouldn't mind to switch one of them for a slanted cab in live situations.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl