I think I've narrowed it down to these 2 cabs. The Mesa Rectifier 2x12 or the H&K 2x12 that goes with the Tubemeister series.

I'm buying new. They both have V30's. I will be playing an H&K Tube 100 through whichever I decide to get. It would be nice after all these years of owning my H&K to have a matching cab, but its not crucial. Getting the tone I'm after trumps this.

My main concern I have with the H&K is that I'm wondering that since this cab is made for the Tubemeister series, is it specifically voiced for those heads? Is the cab designed just for the lower watt heads in this series, or will it truly project the sound of a 100 watt head? Or is this just a non-issue and I'm concerned about nothing?

I'm looking for tight response and articulation. I always hear that the Rectifiers have a loose bottom end. Is this because of the amps, the cabs, or both? Not wanting to start a Rectifier debate here, just wondering if the flubbiness comes from the cabs or not. Don't want any flub on the low end. Though I do have an OD808 and Boss EQ to deal with this, I'd rather start with a tight sounding cab before I add said pedals into the chain.

Price difference is only $50, so no big deal there. I know alot of people swear by used gear, and they are probably right, but I don't wanna chance spending $400-$500 on a used cab(thats about what I've seen the Mesa's go for used) just to have to pay to replace speakers. And honestly I'd like to witness the break-in period for new speakers myself since the last time I bought a new cab was about 13 years ago and I was too noob at the time to know what to listen for.

So, opinion/views please.

Thx.
EDIT:
My chain
Ibanez S920 w/EMG's 85X/60
H&K Tube 100
Boss TU-2
OD808
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss Ge-7 EQ
Decimator
new 2x12 cab
Sennheiser e609
Last edited by FILTHnFEAR at Aug 29, 2013,
You can't go wrong with mesa cabs, most metalcore bands use mesa cabs and in that music tighness is very important.
Have you heard the Tube 100 through a V30-loaded cab?
The bassist in my band, who also plays guitar, has a Tube 100 and it really doesn't sound that great through my V30-loaded cab. I feel like a G12K-100 will work way better with it.

That said, a Mesa cab is always a good way to go.
Quote by FILTHnFEAR
I think I've narrowed it down to these 2 cabs. The Mesa Rectifier 2x12 or the H&K 2x12 that goes with the Tubemeister series.

I'm buying new. They both have V30's. I will be playing an H&K Tube 100 through whichever I decide to get. It would be nice after all these years of owning my H&K to have a matching cab, but its not crucial. Getting the tone I'm after trumps this.

I had a matching H&K 412 for my TriAmp MK II and it was pretty solid. Since you're buying new, and even if you buy used, you need to audition both!
Quote by I K0nijn I
Have you heard the Tube 100 through a V30-loaded cab?
The bassist in my band, who also plays guitar, has a Tube 100 and it really doesn't sound that great through my V30-loaded cab. I feel like a G12K-100 will work way better with it.

That said, a Mesa cab is always a good way to go.

Actually, I'm playing through a V30 loaded Trace Elliot 4x12. I really like my sound but it took a bit of tweaking to smooth out the highs so they weren't icepicky. The G12K-100's would probably be smoother on the high end, right? I'm sure I've heard them but not really payed attention. I would like to hear what the Tube 100 sounds like with some different speakers.

What was it that you didn't care for about it with V30's? High end too schrill?