Looks like an older PRS Santana model to me. Then again, I am unfamiliar with PRS.

Looks damn nice though.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
I don't know what pics you have been looking at, but that is what a PRS Santana looks like.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
That headstock shape is unusual for their electrics, but it is common on their acoustic guitars. Looks like you essentially have a Private Stock PRS, which is their custom shop. It's definitely custom shop, since the inlays around pickups aren't standard production. I enjoy my two PRS guitars - be sure to enjoy that one!
That headstock is a PRS. It is used on higher their end guitars and customs.

As for the body inlays, those are standard for the older Santana models and some of the new ones. I like them.

And I'm kinda jealous. Enjoy her!
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
I have to disagree with the poster's above. I'm no PRS expert, but it certainly doesn't look like a Private stock to me. Maybe it's just bad pics, but the Headstock looks a little off to me, and i've never seen the Private stock info stamped on the back of the headstock like that. Plus, I would expect PRS to be using their best wood for the private stock guitars, it doesn't look that great in the pics (especially the pic of the back).

TS: when you bought this, was it being sold as a copy/knockoff? You seemed to think it was a copy in your OP, and I think that you were probably right. If you want to know for sure just email/or call PRS with the serial # and a few pics.
Last edited by zl1288 at Aug 30, 2013,
I agree with ZL.
I think, from the little I have seen on pictures and from real PRS` that the head stock looks very amateurish not at all up to PRS standards even not up to the SE (Korean) ones.
I exchanged it against a Epiphone ES175 and the previous owner had as little info about it as I do now. He thought it was Korean and thats about it.
I ll try your idea and send them a mail directly. Lets see what comes out of it.

tnx again and plse ppl keep on sending yoru thoughts and opinions.
Eric
Last edited by ericvan at Aug 30, 2013,
in the meantime I went to the PRS site and for the first time (why didn't i do that before) I found a pic of a guitar that looks almost like mine, including the two mother of pearl lines between pickups and one behind the bridge. And it looks like its a Santana II, copy or not.
Attachments:
santana_small.jpg
Last edited by ericvan at Aug 30, 2013,
Quote by ericvan
in the meantime I went to the PRS site and for the first time (why didn't i do that before) I found a pic of a guitar that looks almost like mine, including the two mother of pearl lines between pickups and one behind the bridge. And it looks like its a Santana II, copy or not.

Quote by Skullivan
Looks to be a PRS Santana II model, sub-named "Supernatural."

I take it you didn't see this?
Sorry Skull, didnt see that indeed.
But is this a Korean or US made guitar?
tnx
Last edited by ericvan at Aug 31, 2013,
The picture is a bit low res, the back of the headstock states its a private stock.

Whats the private stock number? I cant read it, I have a book with a list of all private stock guitars up to 2006, the date is 08/11/05? (The PRS Guitar Book by Dave Burrluck)

Ill look it up, you could also email PRS themselves and ask.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Had a look, if the number is 1065 then theres no info on it, a shame as there are very few missing entries. Id talk to PRS themselves directly, but a cant see any reason that the guitar isnt legit.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Tnx Snapple

the nummber is Sa8788, I couldnt find it in the PRS reference lists.
ericvan

I accidentally deleted your first image. If you're still out there and care, please repost it.

lynskynfan

Please don't post in old threads. You could have contacted ericvan via private message.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!