Quick question, guys. I'm thinking about getting Pro Tools Express with the Mbox Mini because it's great for the price. What I was wondering is if I can use other interfaces with Express? I'm gonna save up to get an Apogee Duet later and want to know if I should just keep using Garageband and save up for the Duet or get the Pro Tools Express bundle.
Guitars & Basses:
Epiphone 1967 Flying V
Fender Precision Bass
ESP X-Tone AC-20EFM

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 15
Ampeg BA-108

Effects:
Dunlop CryBaby Classic
BOSS DS-1
It should work fine with the Duet but I've got some questions for you now. If you know you want the Duet why do you want to get the bundle? Is it because it has Pro Tools? if so, why do you want Pro Tools? Is there something you don't like about Garageband and other DAWs available or is it because it's the "Industry Standard"?
Quote by chatterbox272
If you know you want the Duet why do you want to get the bundle? Is it because it has Pro Tools? if so, why do you want Pro Tools? Is there something you don't like about Garageband and other DAWs available or is it because it's the "Industry Standard"?

^.

Unless you have a very strong reason to hate other DAWs, getting Pro Tools isn't still the best idea.
Pro tools isn't a great application on its own, but it gained success because it came with a great, high quality integrated system.

Today, with a bit more work to set up the hardware you can use any other good DAW to produce the same result.

If you don't even get a big hardware system, getting Pro Tools is just a bad idea.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by VulturusDRFSR
Quick question, guys. I'm thinking about getting Pro Tools Express with the Mbox Mini because it's great for the price. What I was wondering is if I can use other interfaces with Express? I'm gonna save up to get an Apogee Duet later and want to know if I should just keep using Garageband and save up for the Duet or get the Pro Tools Express bundle.

One thing I should point out since I am using pro tools express on a fast track:

Be aware of the limitations, especially the fact that you can have up to 15 tracks only.

I thought that 15 tracks was a lot but when you start to layer things separately, you could easily run out of tracks..

/Dave
Quote by chatterbox272
It should work fine with the Duet but I've got some questions for you now. If you know you want the Duet why do you want to get the bundle? Is it because it has Pro Tools? if so, why do you want Pro Tools? Is there something you don't like about Garageband and other DAWs available or is it because it's the "Industry Standard"?

I think I forgot to mention that it's because my $30 Behringer broke. Haha. Also, I'm not gonna get the Duet anytime soon because I'm upgrading a lot of my gear atm so it's probably going to be at least 4 months until I get the Duet. I might also just try to find a Firebox or something to so can Express be used with other DAWs?
Guitars & Basses:
Epiphone 1967 Flying V
Fender Precision Bass
ESP X-Tone AC-20EFM

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 15
Ampeg BA-108

Effects:
Dunlop CryBaby Classic
BOSS DS-1
Last edited by VulturusDRFSR at Aug 31, 2013,