Why do we seem like such a ****ed generation? i read somewhere a stat that 36 something % of "millennials" still live at home with folks? no don't get me wrong no complaints here but damn the king sure would love his own castle!

"ain't no substitute for hard work"

..right?
wat
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Right!
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
18, don't live at home, working full time, in school.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Every generation thinks it's the worst/
thinks it's the end of the wooooooorld

Shit's tough out there for real tho. I am 24 and have only managed to form some semblance of financial independence b/c my parent's paid for my school and I worked a very easy but also low pay job through college and could save via having no expenses.

Most people ain't got that kinda deal.

And I still find saving tough. The northeast is stupid pricey.

But I am white, male, slightly taller than average and show no signs of hair loss yet (knock on wood) so I am gonna be just fine.

Most people ain't got that kinda deal.
Quote by Tag43
Cause we have people like you.

and what the **** exactly is that? do tell internet bo$$?
Personally don't think of myself as one of the millenials anyway, I prefer to think of myself as a member of generation X born too late...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Shut up you damn liberal.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Heh, since I was born in '88, there ain't no way in hell you can call me a "millennial".

i was born in 88' as well
Quote by Sikkii
i was born in 88' as well

Then stop using such a ridiculous term to refer to yourself. Leave that to the kids who were born in '97 and later.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Then stop using such a ridiculous term to refer to yourself. Leave that to the kids who were born in '97 and later.

i can see you would think that cause i did create the thread but i technically didn't endorse the term and tie it to myself..i was just seeking feedback on the subject
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Phew *wipes brow*

I was beginning to think that I was part of some generational generalization.
Quote by Jako215
Phew *wipes brow*

I was beginning to think that I was part of some generational generalization.

I meant it in a teasing way.
what generation is the millenials?

im 20 still live at home but because my father recently lost his job me and my bro have been paying the bills otherwise with my job i could have moved out months ago
Times are tough, jobs are hard to find. Hell even part time jobs are getting harder and harder to find. Me and my family had to move out of the northeast to the south because the cost of living was too much to handle. I'm doing a major in criminal justice instead of music because I know I'll have to pay the bills later. Opportunities aren't all there these days, and people don't have a lot of opportunities to get out of the house and there own. With that said some make it work, others don't. I was born in 91, and I'm good with that cause I won't have to deal with as much shit as people being born today.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
I think everyone who responded to your question without bitching about semantics hit the nail on the head. Few jobs, little money, its hard on everyone right now. You just have to take what you can get and do the best you can with it.
im 19 and moving out... or well pretty much got kicked out and have till saturday to leave i love it.
Im gonna be broke for a while ........
press ctrl + w
I'm 20, living at home, working full time (work term ends this week) and going to school. I'm not going to move out until after I graduate. I rather like not going into debt for basically no logical reason. Especially when housing is stupidly expensive.
Quote by Sikkii
Why do we seem like such a ****ed generation? i read somewhere a stat that 36 something % of "millennials" still live at home with folks?

Because a majority of millenials are still kids/teens?

Also because of that whole Great Recession thing?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
This is a complicated issue, but something in specific that has been bothering me lately are these arbitrarily high and unrelated prerequisites for jobs. Does this annoy anyone else? People go to school for four years and bury themselves in debt only to get a job where they learn their vocation with hands on training.
Quote by Avedas
I'm 20, living at home, working full time (work term ends this week) and going to school. I'm not going to move out until after I graduate. I rather like not going into debt for basically no logical reason. Especially when housing is stupidly expensive.

Precisely. This may be a bit extreme but with the way property prices and other miscellaneous things are now, I wouldn't feel comfortable even considering anything unless I had at least $600k on hand.
cat
Quote by Rossenrot
This is a complicated issue, but something in specific that has been bothering me lately are these arbitrarily high and unrelated prerequisites for jobs. Does this annoy anyone else? People go to school for four years and bury themselves in debt only to get a job where they learn their vocation with hands on training.

Experience is big when it comes to entering the competitive, professional job market. Internships are really the best way to go either in the end of college or right after. Of course most don't pay though.

I finished my degree last December, started an internship in January and have learned so much more/gained so much more useful experience than any semester of school at roughly the same amount of hours. Coming up to the end of it, I suddenly feel so much more prepared to pursue a specific career and am far more confident about my resume. (Oh yeah, I also still live with my parents, but hopefully not for much longer)
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Rossenrot

I'm being rejected part time bar work because I have less than 2 years experience.

Bar work

It's not even difficult
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I don't see anything wrong about living with your parents while you are still a young adult IF you are doing something productive for yourself, not sitting on your ass everyday.
Fender Jaguar -> Polytune -> Diamond Compressor -> Timmy -> OCD -> Big Muff -> Line 6 M9 -> Sonomatic Cheddar -> Spark boost -> Fender BDRI
Millenials is a cringeworthy term coined by market researchers and then beaten to death by mediocre news organizations (aka pretty much all of them).

I have 2 full time jobs and love them both. Gruaduated with a musix degree last year and live at home because I'm gonna pay off my Mercede Benz's worth of student loans within a year. Suck it, consumer research fags.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Aug 30, 2013,
I'm sure it's mostly economic reasons. I'm sure you'll also find that during the great depressions most all members of a family lived under the same roof.

The strife of people who are now entering the workforce is basically the fault of the past two generations of assholes. and of course a government that allows tax breaks for companies that outsource jobs to china and refuses to cap the salaries of CEOs and their ilk. And a rapidly disappearing sense of community and charity and shared responsibility.

I'm only 23, but I've lived far away from home and by myself since I was 18. Recently I've been thinking I'd really like to move home just to feel like I'm in a family again. I want to do chores and fix stuff around the house and rip huge bong hits together.
Listen. I'm sorry.
Last edited by vilk at Aug 30, 2013,