I know that there are normally a lot of threads like this but I wanted to see what the view on A7X is on this site

What is/are your favourite solo/solos and riff/riffs of A7X ??
Quote by entity0009
This is obviously linked to the increase in teen pregnancy: Dad dicks are getting smaller so they are forced to find younger, tighter mothers.

Quote by willT08
everyone's the main guy in their own story
I've never been a big fan of Avenged Sevenfold., although I always thought the Rev's drumming was the one aspect of them that was interesting to listen to (Im not a bandwaggoner, I thought this well before he died). The song I find most interesting is Strength of the World.... the part where its just orchestra and drums is epic as ****. The rest of their catalog however.....meh....
What gives me wood:

Gibson Les Paul Custom
Ibanez S5470F
Ibanez RGD2127fx
Schecter Hellraiser C-7 FR
Axe FX II
Mackie HD1221
I wouldn't consider myself a "fan" persay. I like a few of their songs, but overall don't like the band. That being said, I do enjoy the solos in chapter four and beast and the harlot. Eternal rest is pretty good, and I've always liked scream as well.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
I suppose I could be considered a "bandwaggoner", but I genuinely do like the band a hell of a lot, so I would say that I haven't jumped on the popular opinion as I only know one person who likes them, and that's because of me. But to your question, Strength of the World, Eternal Rest have to of the best riffs, and Brompton Cocktail really hits hard at the start. Solo wise, Victim and I wont see you tonight part 1 have a lot of feeling to them, but for shredding, Afterlife and Burn it Down are really good.
I've bought all their albums since Waking the Fallen so I guess I'm a fan. Their new CD is my favorite since City of Evil. My favorite songs are Unholy Confessions, Chapter 4, I won't see you tonight pt1, and Strength of the World. My newest favorite is Coming Home.

Unholy Confessions is still my favorite riff, maybe because it's one of the few I can play!

They seem to get a lot of hate here because they're not "Metal" or "Hardcore" enough but I think they're amazing musicians and pretty good song writers too.
one of the best solos has to be the one on Carry On
Quote by entity0009
This is obviously linked to the increase in teen pregnancy: Dad dicks are getting smaller so they are forced to find younger, tighter mothers.

Quote by willT08
I picked up city of evil on a whim when I was younger and enjoyed it a lot, my favourtie has got to be sidewinder, the whole song is great, strength of the world and bat country are close seconds. Never really got into any of their other stuff, it just didn't grab me the same.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Only albums I still really like from these guys are City of Evil and the Self Titled. Nightmare was half baked and the new stuff seems like crappy GnR.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I've always had an interest in the band, more so when they brought 2007's self titled. Since then I feel they've taken a step in the wrong direction. Nightmare had a hand full of good songs and Hail to the King only seems to have three that I'm actually responsive to (Requiem, Hail to the King & Heretic).

I'm not jumping on any kind of band waggon and saying something like, "They've gone shit since The Rev died, Arin is a shit drummer" because, he's not. But I feel that the writing has changed it's shape within the band since he past on, and not just within the drumming. I watched the 'Making of Avenged Sevenfold self titled' recently and I realized just how much input Jimmy had on the band to do with drums, grooves, guitar riffs, vocal melodies, lyrics, orchestra, sound effects and how he would disappear for several days and come back with a great song. And that 'double ride' thing he did on Almost easy! O.o

Really I think my favorite album of there's is and always will be their self titled. A solid album in my opinion.
Not sure if this merits a thread outside of the A7X thread, but I guess that's debatable and not my call anyway.

As far as the topic at hand goes, I was a big fan of of the band when I was younger, but not so much any more. Not that I dislike them, but my music tastes have changed. Personally, I think City of Evil is their best work to date. Waking the Fallen was really solid, and I liked most of the s/t as well.

However, I think since then they've took a step in a more mainstream and less creative direction. I feel like they've taken City of Evil (their best album IMO) and watered it down into fairly generic version of themselves.

Honestly, I feel like they've been trying to be early 90's Metallica for the last two albums.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Lost, Remenissions, and A Little Piece of Heaven are my favorite songs.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Favorite would be Second Heartbeat - killer guitar solo at the end and A Little Piece of Heaven, very eerie and different. Brompton Cocktail, the vocals in this song seem to be the real standout in this song for me
surely their best songs are Hail To The King and Seize The Day??
Quote by entity0009

Quote by willT08