Not sure if this is the right forum, I JUST joined, but I've got a problem. Last night I discovered that the neck on my guitar is pretty bowed forward(from string tension, not lack thereof) and I want to get it fixed if I can. It's not too bad, just enough to raise the strings up a little, and enough to be visibly noticeable. Can I adjust the truss rod myself, or will I have to go get screwed over by a tech again?
your guitar neck is supposed to have a bow in it. if it's too much, you can adjust the truss rod yourself - gradually. btw, if a tech uses knowledge and skill to fix a problem you can't fix, i don't see how they're screwing you over. no one i know works for free, and i can't see why a tech shouldn't get paid, and not get paid mcdonalds wages.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
there are some good videos on youtube about how to add/remove relief from the neck of your guitar. you'll probably even find one that details your specific guitar.
then if anyone gets screwed, you'll be the one bending yourself over.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)