I just started playing my electric guitar again (I bought one awhile back when i was starting to learn but than switched to acoustic shortly after), its a Fender Telecaster out of the "Squier" line. Anyways, when I plug in to my amp everything seems fine and it sounds good until you play the d string. There is no pickup, can anyone help?
Wait...what? How is it electric if there's no pickups?

Edit:
What I mean to say is, an electric guitar without pickups wouldn't work. So, obviously, you have pickups; or none of the strings would be picked up by your amp.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Aug 30, 2013,
What he meant was that the pickup wasn't "picking" the D string; that string was producing no sound on the amplifier
Does this happen on both pickups? How does the pole piece look on the bridge pickup?

Post a picture if you can.
The pickup may be broken. If it's happening on the bridge pickup, switch it to the neck and see if it works on the neck pickup and vice versa. If it is the pickup, it doesn't cost much to get a Squier one replaced.
Quote by Mr RafaelD
What he meant was that the pickup wasn't "picking" the D string; that string was producing no sound on the amplifier

That makes sense. The way he put it confused me.

OT:
Anyway...you can generally get single coil pickups for fairly cheap, TS. Here's an example.
Quote by 16theben
I just started playing my electric guitar again (I bought one awhile back when i was starting to learn but than switched to acoustic shortly after), its a Fender Telecaster out of the "Squier" line. Anyways, when I plug in to my amp everything seems fine and it sounds good until you play the d string. There is no pickup, can anyone help?

Even if the pole piece has been removed from the pickup, the pickup will still reproduce the string. Something else is wrong -- the D string may have slipped out of the bridge saddle and is lying on the bridge, etc.