Worst. Program. Ever.

FFS nothing seems to work. /rant

Ok so I need help with 2 things regarding Origin.

1. Sims 3 does not install. It does nothing when I try through Origin. I have tried running in XP and Vista compatibility modes, running as Admin, and completely deleting everything Origin and reinstalling Origin. I have tried running sims3setup.exe from where the file downloaded to, and it goes through the first part of setup until it asks my region, then it just closes. Every time.

2. Battlefield 1942 does not work. Installs fine, does not boot up. Have tried compatibility modes and running as Admin as well.

Help, anyone?
League of Legends - Shieldelf

Quote by behind_you
vic are you drunk

Quote by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.

Quote by Spoony_Bard
We can't wait for you to pull it out Chuche.
Battlefield 1942? Looooool
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Quote by McTodd
Battlefield 1942? Looooool

Hey now. That game is great. Don't hate.

Quote by behind_you
vic are you drunk

Quote by R. Shackleford.
Glad to see the sex king getting some action I think it might be time for me to pull him out again tonight and take him for a spin around the rift.

Quote by Spoony_Bard
Quote by ngSyn
Hey now. That game is great. Don't hate.

Yeah, Inorite! Sorry bud, can't help you. If it's any consolation, my laptop won't run Sonic & Knuckles
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Dude. I feel you.

My friend can't run BF1942 either, so that one isn't just my computer at least.

Quote by behind_you
vic are you drunk

Quote by R. Shackleford.

Quote by Spoony_Bard
Hmm I'll try updating to Beta version then. Lets hope that works.

EDIT: Goes no further. I hate Origin

Quote by behind_you
vic are you drunk

Quote by R. Shackleford.

Quote by Spoony_Bard
Last edited by ngSyn at Aug 30, 2013,
I remember my phone. It runs Quake III. A PC I had 14 years ago could also run Quake III. It did not run BF1942.

Maybe you should upgrade from a phone to a PC. Pentium 4 will do wonders for you.
At least it's not Uplay
Quote by R. Shackleford.
Quote by captainsnazz
I don't know what that is but I have a strong suspicion it's like steam and fuçk steam m8

Steam is great, I've never had problems with it.

Quote by Lord_Doku
I remember my phone. It runs Quake III. A PC I had 14 years ago could also run Quake III. It did not run BF1942.

Maybe you should upgrade from a phone to a PC. Pentium 4 will do wonders for you.

Whats this about a phone.

Quote by behind_you
vic are you drunk

Quote by R. Shackleford.

Quote by Spoony_Bard
Quote by ngSyn
Worst. Program. Ever.

FFS nothing seems to work. /rant

Ok so I need help with 2 things regarding Origin.

1. Sims 3 does not install. It does nothing when I try through Origin. I have tried running in XP and Vista compatibility modes, running as Admin, and completely deleting everything Origin and reinstalling Origin. I have tried running sims3setup.exe from where the file downloaded to, and it goes through the first part of setup until it asks my region, then it just closes. Every time.

2. Battlefield 1942 does not work. Installs fine, does not boot up. Have tried compatibility modes and running as Admin as well.

Help, anyone?

lol git with the times fgt thers this new gaem called battlefild 4 cumming out lul buy it not 1942
Quote by captainsnazz
lol m8 how fukin stuped r u
1942 is a way more biger numbbere thn 4
u r such a idiiote lol

hmu if u agre

Why do people use doge speak it's ****ing ******ed. Fellow internet users feel free to hit me up if you agree.
I seem to be the only person that has no problem with Origin lol. I rarely use it though. I have to agree that its a stupid idea if you buy a game through Steam, it will open Origin/Uplay. Completely pointless.

Before these last few weeks, I have had no issue with Uplay either but recently, I was having all sorts of problems. This came after the whole security issue.

For help with your problems, maybe try reinstalling Origin and update all your graphics card drivers. If that doesn't work, contact their support. Last time I contacted EA support, they were actually very fast and helpful even though their company really has gone down in quality (slowly pulling back up though).

I did install it myself when they announced it would be free but never got round to playing it. If I remember tomorrow, I will give it a shot and see what happens.
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Steam is great!

Origin is a shit show and always was. - I spent $40 on the Battlefield 3 Premium pack and it is un****ing-playable. I dread playing any EA games on PC because of Origin and their shoddy code that always ****s something up. I've gotten screwed over by EA 3 or 4 times now just within the last 2 years or so.

But Steam is awesome. It was kind of shitty when it first came out, but now it's pretty amazing. Anyone who isn't using steam to release their games (I'm looking at you EA and Ubisoft) is seriously screwing themselves.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by leony03

For help with your problems, maybe try reinstalling Origin and update all your graphics card drivers.

Have done all of these. I guess I'd better contact support then.

Quote by behind_you
vic are you drunk

Quote by R. Shackleford.

Quote by Spoony_Bard
It's something you have or haven't done on your end. 100% guarantee it. Origin works fine for me and many others.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by Carnivean
It's something you have or haven't done on your end. 100% guarantee it. Origin works fine for me and many others.

It could also be something with my campus. My friend can't get BF1942 to work either. And as far as my end goes, I've done everything in their help thing for games that won't install, plus things recommended on the Sims and EA forums.

Quote by behind_you
vic are you drunk

Quote by R. Shackleford.

Quote by Spoony_Bard
I have zero problems with Origin.

In fact on my internet Origin behaves better than Steam.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
What are the specs on your computer?

Quote by behind_you
vic are you drunk

Quote by R. Shackleford.

Quote by Spoony_Bard
I have origin keys for the following games if anyone wants them. I bought the humble bundle and used the steam keys so I don't need the same games on origin. They're all up for grabs.

Dead Space
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Dead Space 3
Medal of Honor
Mirror's Edge
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
Populous

While I'm at I also have steam keys from another bundle.

Metro 2033
Risen
Sacred Citadel
Quote by ngSyn
What are the specs on your computer?

Mobo: GA990FXA
CPU: FX8320
GPU: 7970
RAM: 8gb Samsung WONDER RAM (not really what it's called, it's a joke name because it's super cheap but fantastic)

It's not an issue with my computer. It's an issue with my internet. Steam does not like to download on slow internet. Ever.

If I'm at a friend's house with good internet, then everything on steam works as planned. In fact, everything on steam works even on my terrible internet, EXCEPT for download speeds which are horribly inconsistent.

Also nobody I know has any issue whatsoever with Origin.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--