So I just got these two lovelies for free from a friend (Which is good because I'm piss poor right now) and individually they are fantastic.

Together, they're a bit weird.

When I plug the POD into the Crate (I use the headphone jack?), the tone comes through clean. But once I turn on the amp/cab model in the POD, I get a strange volume problem. The tone doesn't break apart or distort any more than I would want. The issue here is that the bass and treble do not match.

When played together, their levels are fairly equal to what I would expect from the settings, but as soon as the treble stops or fades, the bass becomes louder. Now, I know bass is inherently more audible than treble, but this isn't what happens with either setup played individually. The volume increases a LOT. I've tried cutting the bass on both, but it seems like when the pod uses its amp modeler and attempts to pass a wide range of signal to the amp, the amp isn't behaving.

It sounds like when I used to have a bass cab that kept being limited because I was sharing the power strip with 4 other amps. Empirically this leads me to think it's a wattage issue, but I can't be sure, this isn't really my area of expertise.

Anyone have any ideas on what this is? The sound reaches its loudest when I palm mute the open 7th string on my guitar, but the volume halves when i play it open with the two strings above it. As I said, it sounds like the amp can't get enough power, but I don't think that's the case really, since it's on its own circuit in the house.

Thanks!
Last edited by MoonMoles at Aug 30, 2013,
If you use the headphone out, the speaker simulator is on. Use the left/mono output to the amp. Depending on what model POD, set the output to poweramp/cab, or turn the speaker simulator off. This will fix all of you're problems.
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.