I got an Eleven Rack!

So, been wanting one of these puppies for a while and I got one about a month ago now. I have been fiddling with and so far I have four patches I have made that I really enjoy, but I have barely scratched the surface, so I figured I would go ahead and do a review because this thing will be on the honeymoon phase for a while!

Since I know everyone wants to know how accurate the models are, I will get right to it. The model I have messed with the most is definitely the Dual Rec. I have been using the modern channel model, and I have to say I am pretty impressed. The model definitely reacts the way my old Rec did, has the "woof" to it when I am running it sans-boost. Thick, powerful bass response and that Rec sizzle that just makes you feel all warm and metal as **** inside. Obviously the "feel" isn't quite what the Rec was, the response just doesn't quite have the "it" that an all tube amp does, but I bought this thing to get a slightly more digital/sterile sound, so it does what I wanted.

The only other model that I can really talk about (the only other model I have played the real equivalent) would be the 800 model. They really nailed all the low-mid gain models, and this one is no exception. The sound is very close, I definitely would have to have an 800 in the room to tell the difference. I really enjoyed playing this one.

I like that the controls on this one alter the sound how you would expect them to on the actual amps, they are very individualized for each of the models. As you turn the master up on the various models, it not only makes it louder but definitely adds in an element of clipping, pretty accurately I might add.

I would like to comment on the effects models, but I am no guru when it comes to that stuff, far from it. I ran it via 4CM through the SL-X and was happy enough, it did what I wanted it to do but I can't really say they are high quality or accurate because I just don't know.

Overall I am just elated with my new toy, I look forward to screwing with even more. I can't even imagine what the Axe FX or Kemper sounds like, this is already a hell of a lot of unit for under $400 used. It definitely lacks the quantity of options and sounds that the more expensive modelers have, but the sound quality is absolutely excellent.

some pics for you because that's what you are here for anyway, right?

Untitled by bllyfen8, on Flickr

Untitled by bllyfen8, on Flickr

(Sorry for the lousy quality, I didn't feel like getting good lighting and playing photographer tonight)
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Last edited by dementiacaptain at Aug 30, 2013,
Hnad!

You've had this for a month and those are the best you can get?

I'd like to try an eleven rack myself at point and compare to the HD500.

Enjoy!
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Last edited by R45VT at Aug 30, 2013,
Heretic! Tie him to a stake and light him up!
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Heretic! Tie him to a stake and light him up!

Where is your batman picture at?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
See, it's important that people clarify when they say "metal", because I pretty much always assume they are a Cannibal Corpse fanboi.
Not to disappoint

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Not to disappoint

That means a lot coming from you Cath

Thanks guys, and yeah the pics suck but I'm a lazy American, deal with it
how have you been playing the 11rack? you just hooking up headphones? running it through studio monitors? or using one of the marshall's power amps?

hngd
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
how have you been playing the 11rack? you just hooking up headphones? running it through studio monitors? or using one of the marshall's power amps?

hngd

I should have mentioned, I've been playing through the SL-X power amp. I tried it with the Valvestate for shits and giggles, but that thing was so boomy and muddy I could hardly make out what I was playing