I can do pinch harmonics for notes and chords in such a way that it actually sounds like the middle of a Wah pedal (kind of like the effect in Money for Nothing sounds like). I place the broad side of my thumb down by the strings and I can keep it pretty consistent for every note like this. Does this technique/effect have a particular name? And what is it about pinch harmonics that can make this sort of sound? Like the science/mechanics behind it. (I know how they normally work).
Just curious, and thought this would be a good place to ask.
They work the same way as artificial harmonics. You are just "fretting" the harmonic witch your right thumb instead of your left hand. You are probably just doing semi harmonics.
Last edited by Facecut at Aug 31, 2013,
Quote by Facecut
They work the same way as artificial harmonics.

Pinch harmonics are artificial harmonics?