how do i tune my bass guitar using snark tuner ?

sorry ive never use tuner guide before ill just tune my acoustic guitar by ear..
Clip on headstock, turn on, pluck desired string and tune to what you want. You can tune a bass my bear too. If its a four string its the same notes as the top four strings on a guitar.

I have a snark sn-8 and its a great tuner.
i dont get it at all...

but this is what i do

open string on E string and apeared to my snark tuner is E is that how you tune your bass? using snark tunner? if that correct then my problem is my D string i can get a D on my snark tunnel what should i do?
Last edited by lesna02 at Aug 31, 2013,
You play the string you want to tune. The strings are the same as the four lowest strings on guitar (E A D G). The tuner will show the note you are playing and if it's too flat or too sharp or in pitch.

I would first tune one of my strings, then tune the other strings by ear and then check if all strings are in correct pitch.

So the problem you are having with your D string is that the tuner shows a wrong note or what? Do you know all note names? But yeah, you said your E string is in tune, so just tune the other strings by ear and then check with the tuner if they are in tune.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Quote by fudger
Clip on headstock, turn on, pluck desired string and tune to what you want. You can tune a bass my bear too. If its a four string its the same notes as the top four strings on a guitar.

I have a snark sn-8 and its a great tuner.

How the **** do you tune by bear? I really need to know cos it sounds class!!
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC