I am looking to put an Invader in the bridge, and also want to get a new pickgaurd. I found a site that lets me customize it, but I am uncertain as to some of the things it is asking about the cuts.
Will the Invader fit in a "fat humbucker(no cover)" sized cut out? Or a regular cut out?

They also have the option of having the pickgaurd cut for the "Delonge volume position". I am actually interested in moving my volume control. I am going to have a shop do the work. Is moving the volume control a lot of work, expensive?
Quote by ThatSlyB
I am looking to put an Invader in the bridge, and also want to get a new pickgaurd. I found a site that lets me customize it, but I am uncertain as to some of the things it is asking about the cuts.
Will the Invader fit in a "fat humbucker(no cover)" sized cut out? Or a regular cut out?

i dunno what a 'fat humbucker' is or what they mean by 'regular' cutout.

if your strat is SSS, then you may need to route out the body more and get a new pickguard to facilitate the new pickup. you may need to get some measurements and do some hands on measurement checking. when i did my guitar i had to do extensive drawings cuz of the unusual pickup size i ended up using, you may need to at least compare some measurements.

i have seen strats with 'swimming pool' routes under the bridge, where they just have a huge cavity under the bridge

(Invalid img)

this route wouldn't need any additional body work done to it, you'd just need a new pickguard.

Quote by ThatSlyB
They also have the option of having the pickgaurd cut for the "Delonge volume position". I am actually interested in moving my volume control. I am going to have a shop do the work. Is moving the volume control a lot of work, expensive?

it's actually super simple and easy. i just removed one of the pots, threw a stud in the empty whole and rewired the guitar the way i wanted it to be. depending on where you want the hole you can just drill a new hole and put the pot there.

you would want to make sure there is enough clearance in that cavity to make sure the pot will fit in the new area you choose.

either way, it is pretty simple.

my strat was already an HSS, so the replacement HB fit just fine. i also just reduced my knobs to two rather than changing the position of one of the knobs.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Aug 31, 2013,
You can move the pots almost anywhere, just poke a hole for it in your pickguard

Also make sure you have body cavity space for a bucker
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
I do have the humbucker cutout under my pickgaurd. So the invader will fit in a normal sized humbucker pickgaurd then, correct?

Thanks for the answers guys
Quote by ThatSlyB
I do have the humbucker cutout under my pickgaurd. So the invader will fit in a normal sized humbucker pickgaurd then, correct?

it looks normal size, so yup you shouldn't have any problems.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by ThatSlyB

Yep.

The fat cutout would look better with the invader but if you decide to get an EMG, for example later on, you would need to square the corners. Either will work though for the invaders. As far as the controls, you can do anything you want, within the limits of the routing obviously.
Quote by D_M_I
Yep.

The fat cutout would look better with the invader but if you decide to get an EMG, for example later on, you would need to square the corners. Either will work though for the invaders. As far as the controls, you can do anything you want, within the limits of the routing obviously.

What is the difference in looks? I can't seem to find anything on google about it.