Would changing my standard bridge pins make much of a difference in tone on my dred??? i'm thinking what if any difference would be noticable on the following pins?? graph. tech, gold metal brass or rosewood abalone pins. which one in your opinion would be more suitable? would any one particular bring out a more distinguishable sound?? i have a Tak.ef360sc and an Epiphone masterbilt DR-500MCE.
They make a huge difference in the tone. I don't like the the sound of metal pins. It will make the sound much more metallic. I switched mine to an ebony wood, but I think its just a matter of preference
I don't really see how bridge pins would have any factor on the tone since the string is deadened at the bridge. Can someone clarify?
Quote by cdr_salamander
I don't really see how bridge pins would have any factor on the tone since the string is deadened at the bridge. Can someone clarify?

I was told be a sales guy I was wasting my money if I was buying bridge pins for anything other than looks, unless I was going with metallic ones.
Washburn MG-44(E)
Ibanez RG421 (Eb)
Art & Lutherie Electric Cutaway
Vox Valvetronix VT40
Vox AC4tv 1x10
Vox Original Wah-Wah Pedal V847-A
MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion