Bought this guitar a while back to start relearning guitar. Suppose to be be from 1971. It does sound great, but the guy who sold it to me told me it was solid wood. Now that I've been playing awhile and also got a solid top Takamine classical, Im starting to doubt that my vintage guitar is worth what I paid for it. Does anyone know anything about these guitars? Couldnt find much on google. Pics to come of the cross section in the soundhole. Not even sure its a solid top. Thoughts? Cheers.
tetomas is one of the flood of manufacturer names that came to the US in the 70's and 80's. they were usually made at the same factories as a lot of more common names like yamaha, takamine etc. they never lasted long, mostly, they got kicked out of the states due to import issues so they just changed the label and headstock name and kept 'em coming. only history i see is that one sold for $41 and another for $79. they were all solid wood but as for collectability and value? i have shoes that are of more value.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
Darn, I guess I did over pay. But the guy wasnt lying I guess when he said it was soul solid wood. It still has excellent sustain and good intonation. Would you bother upgrading to a bone nut and bridge? Thanks.
if you like the guitar, monetary value doesn't mean anything. try the upgrade. unless you opt for Arizonian Walrus horn, it's a cheap experiment.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)