hi,
i have a jackson kelly from 88.
i would like to change my pick up to symour duncan. (now i have a symour duncan design). i am looking after a sound that is between a classic rock to heavy metal like megadeth. i am not intersted in exteme metal sound like in death metal or black metal.
i would say that megadeth rust in peace will be the most heavier sound that i am looking after.
i also want to change my bridge into a floyd rose. which one do u suggest me?
the money is not the problem, i am after only good quality.

thank you!!
Duncan JB or Duncan Custom

And is your guitar routed? You can't just go from no remolo to a Floyd Rose, or from a LFR to an OFR or something
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
^ yeah, or a custom 5.

if megadeth is the heaviest you could even get away with a lower-output pickup, most likely.

what floyd does your kelly have? here's a good link describing whether an OFR is a retrofit for all the old jackson trems:

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/TremoloInfoProject.htm

really it's a matter of finding the easiest (good) trem to fit into your guitar.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd suggest a JB since that's what they used. I'd usually suggest a Dimarzio Super Distortion for alder guitars (assuming your Kelly is alder like the current ones) since I feel a JB is a bit bright, but you might as well go for the sure thing.

If routing/replacing doesn't have any hassles, I'd just suggest the regular OFR.
Charvel So-Cal (SH6TB/N, killswitch), Jackson RR5FR (TB6/Jazz, Drop C). Joyo pxl pro.
Loop1=Crybaby from hell, Boss PS-5, Seymour Duncan 805 or Green Rhino, EQD Hoof or Earthbound Audio Super Collider. Loop 1 into ISP Decimator II.
Loop 2 (FX loop)-Line6 M9, TC Spark Mini. Loop 2 into mxr 10band. All into a Peavey Triple XXX 212, Ibanez IL15.