Hi,

I've just notice my humbucker isn't straight it's floating. My guitar is going into repair soon as I messed up re-stringing on a Floyd rose but is this normal?

Thanks
Yeah, it's fine, but you could try to lift it with a screwdriver (the middle screws on the sides)
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Yeah. You can adjust it with the two center screws.

Also, you won't ever figure out how to use that Floyd if you take it to the shop for a restring. There are plenty of how to's online. Save your money and learn how to use your gear.
I would raise it up some, but if it sounds good to you, leave it alone.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by D_M_I

Also, you won't ever figure out how to use that Floyd if you take it to the shop for a restring. There are plenty of how to's online. Save your money and learn how to use your gear.

You're right. That's why I tried at first and it was great. The bridge stayed in line with the body and no strings snapped. After going out of tune a lot the bridge moved up and limited my whammy bar so I tried to drop the tension a bit to make the bridge and then I tuned it back up and snapped the G string

Although I did go wrong at the first step. The strings are on the left side rather than the right and I thought you had to pull the strings tight then tune rather than leave a bit of slack and let it tighten it self so I'm learning.
Quote by TheCase
You're right. That's why I tried at first and it was great. The bridge stayed in line with the body and no strings snapped. After going out of tune a lot the bridge moved up and limited my whammy bar so I tried to drop the tension a bit to make the bridge and then I tuned it back up and snapped the G string

Although I did go wrong at the first step. The strings are on the left side rather than the right and I thought you had to pull the strings tight then tune rather than leave a bit of slack and let it tighten it self so I'm learning.

It's a pain in the butt when you first get one, but you'll get it. Easiest thing to do when you're learning is replace one string at a time.

If you do them all at once, don't tune them up until you have all of the strings on with just a little tension, then start tightening each string a little at a time until it's in tune.

Unless you change the string gauge or the tuning you had when you removed the strings, the bridge should go pretty close to level with the new strings. Then adjust from there. You may have to adjust the springs in the back but not much, if at all.
Last edited by D_M_I at Aug 31, 2013,