“I dream to one day live in a world where I am treated as a second class citizen, where I can make 77 cents to the dollar of my female counter-part, and where I am seen as an object and not a person” –No Man Ever

There seems to be this thought amongst some people that there is an innate societal advantage women have, a “power of the pussy” as it were. The argument is, is women have obtained this mystical power by using (or withholding) sex. While I am not here to debate as to what lengths men can be bought off by sex, I will make this bold assertion that this is simply not the case.

The first thing we have to examine is the societal standing of women in the world. By and large women are seen as second class citizens (at best) and it would be safe to say they are not granted the same rights as men in most societies (including 1st world nations). They are not granted the same easy access to reproductive health as men in the U.S., they were just granted the right to serve on the front line of combat in the U.S. military mere weeks ago, and there are many nations which still ban women from the work place and from education. These are just a few of the many legal challenges which women face, there are far more challenges which are supported by society.

Throughout history women have been judged in no small amount by their sexuality. “A good woman doesn’t engage in impure behaviors”, “A good woman thinks only of pleasing her man, with no thought to herself” etc. These types of obstacles based upon custom or tradition are even more apparent and widespread than legal ones. If you look at magazines directed towards young women you can see how much society views women as sexual objects more than people, some of the most common attention grabbers on the cover deal with how to please their man more, or how to lose weight so they can finally become sexually attractive and therefore have some worth.

The idea of women being judged to a large degree on their body is not just contained to magazines, but it’s in the dolls which to an extent promote an impossible body shape that are marketed to young girls, commercials, music videos, child beauty pageants, the world of sports and more. I have to talk more about the last two institutions I listed in greater detail as I think the way they relate to this topic is just so ridiculously insane.

To start off with the very idea of any beauty pageant seems a bit bonkers to me, I mean is there a more direct way of telling someone “we only care about what you look like in a bikini” than by actually judging constants on how they look in a bikini?! The idea of parading these women on stage scantily clad all the while being judged by a panel of so called beauty experts has always seemed reminiscent of farm animals being judged and auctioned off at a county fair, in both cases the one being paraded around is not judged on personality or sense of humor or any other personality trait, rather by their flesh and meat. This sort of subjection does enough damage to women when it is adults whom are being judged, but when this happens to girls whom are just out of diapers it is pure insanity. If you want to raise your daughter to believe she is only as valuable as how a man judges her body, and if you want her to believe her opinions, idea’s, imagination, compassion, or any other aspect of her personality does not matter unless she is “beautiful” then by all means sign her up.

The world of sports, while it has admittedly shown signs of advancement in regards to being inclusive of women is still a sad reflection of a patriarchal and misogynist society. The one aspect I want to focus on is cheerleading, because I believe that is a great example of how we see women’s role in society. In a game like football you have the coaches who train the team, set up plays, and unify the team; then you have the team itself with somewhere between 5 and 42 bulking behemoths whom actually carry on the physical work of the game. So right now you have 2/3 of the equation, the brains behind the operation (coaches) and the beasts of burden (the footballers, not the great song by the Rolling Stones) however if my math is correct[ii] that still leaves 1/3 of the equation, and that is left for the cheerleaders.

While the brains of the football organization are busy making up plays, and the beasts of burden are busy trying to sink 3 pointers and win the World Series[iii], the lovely cheerleaders are perhaps doing the most important job. You see these young women know there role on the football field they stay the **** away from it; they sit on the sidelines, look pretty and cheer on the boys. And let’s be honest that is what many in society wish more women were like, cheerleaders, they do what their told, they don’t get involved with things they could not possibly understand (driving, politics, the workplace) and they support their man (hot supper on the table when the man comes home, they don’t nag their man after a long day at the office, and the keep a clean house).

So if there is an actual “power of the pussy” it is because man at some point in our history has appointed women with it. It was appointed to women because men had taken away every right they had and told them their bodies were the only useful thing about them. If there is a so called “power of the pussy” I’m sure most women would gladly give that up for a standing in society where her idea’s, merit, intellect, humor, creativity, problem solving skills, interpersonal skills etc. were the basis of her role in society rather than her vagina.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Admittedly I watch very little football, but I believe the actual number of footballers on one team is somewhere in that small range.

[ii] And 67% of the time I’m right every time.

[iii] I believe they also try to pick up 7-10 splits and shoot the puck past a goalie

==========

tl;dr anyone who think women have it easier than men is an idiot... but do try to read it as you will be required to write a three (3) page response which is due on my desk by Wednesday.
Last edited by Bourbonstreet at Aug 31, 2013,
Bourbons are alright but I prefer a custard cream
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Starting with the wage gap makes it so damn hard to take anything you say seriously.
Due is that you?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by angusfan16
Can we get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

You have a dick therefore you are not a pussy.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
tl;dr anyone who think women have it easier than men is an idiot... but do try to read it as you will be required to write a three (3) page response which is due on my desk by Wednesday.

subtle

Quote by MinterMan22
subtle

The smartass is strong in this one.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
You have a dick therefore you are not a pussy.

Oh well this is fantastic news! I knew it'd come in handy someday.
Sail upon the open skies
So if there is an actual “power of the pussy” it is because man at some point in our history has appointed women with it. It was appointed to women because men had taken away every right they had and told them their bodies were the only useful thing about them. If there is a so called “power of the pussy” I’m sure most women would gladly give that up for a standing in society where her idea’s, merit, intellect, humor, creativity, problem solving skills, interpersonal skills etc. were the basis of her role in society rather than her vagina.

I don't know if you wrote this for some college essay but, there a lot of flaws that can be debated. However, this particular paragraph seems to be the largest.

You seem to forgetting that women have the choice to be who they are.

It was appointed to women because men had taken away every right they had and told them their bodies were the only useful thing about them.

That could also fit into the "staying-in shape/taking care of your body" category rather than a demanded ideology on female physique.

You do make good points though on the mainstream view of what women should be portrayed as.
Quote by Mudmen190
Starting with the wage gap makes it so damn hard to take anything you say seriously.

Do you disagree there is a gap?
Quote by Bourbonstreet
Nothing gets past this guy

Well honestly it weakens your argument.
Quote by macashmack
Well honestly it weakens your argument.

Am I making my views public, yes. However I like to think I'm doing it in a way which is both free of dry number crunching and can have some humor in it (as to show I'm not a complete self centered douche who takes themselves entirely way too seriously), so I believe there is room for jokes in there.
Quote by Dimarzio45
I don't know if you wrote this for some college essay but, there a lot of flaws that can be debated. However, this particular paragraph seems to be the largest.

You seem to forgetting that women have the choice to be who they are.

That could also fit into the "staying-in shape/taking care of your body" category rather than a demanded ideology on female physique.

You do make good points though on the mainstream view of what women should be portrayed as.

Yes, in the US women have a choice, as do all people. Like all people there are fundamental differences in societal standing which can make it difficult for someone to reach their full potential. When we are talking about some less developed nations those difficulties can be exacerbated.

Yes, it could fit in the category of staying in shape, and in one or two cases it may be , but you can't say that when publishers paste images of incredibly (and to an unhealthy extent) underweight women and call that sexy it has an effect upon how both men and women view what is sexy.
What is up with you starting threads with incredibly long, useless OP's that don't really lead to discussion?
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
What is up with you starting threads with incredibly long, useless OP's that don't really lead to discussion?

the lols
ain't even readin that
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
somebody's gonna be getting all the poon in his womyn's studies class.
Phillip_Pepper got a huge jump on the "year's worst threadstarter" title, but you're making him work for it, aren't you bourby?
Quote by rob904
somebody's gonna be getting all the poon in his womyn's studies class.

That was the plan

Was expecting a twist. RIP M. bourbonstreet shyamalan

Twist, eh? Well, did I tell you Bruce Willis's character was dead the whole time?
Quote by captainsnazz

Eagerly anticipating your next thread

Ahh, well it's gonna be about this time everyone start going crazy and started killing themselves (and each other?), and the later everyone finds out the plants are making them do it... or something dumb like that