I have an am std strat, suhr riot distortion, ditto looper, into peavey delta blues 115. i think i want a delay pedal, but i'm open to suggestions what get?

oh yeah, i play: hendrixy stuff. blues stuff. sometimes as hard as hard rock but no metal or country or jazzy.
My personal recommendation: MXR Carbon Copy Delay. Great analog delay, versatile and doesn't color tone when not in use.
Don't overlook digital just because it's digital. There are some very nice, very versatile digital units out there.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Vox Dalay Lab, as complete as ****, or
Joyo D-Seed, as cheap as ****, or
Catalinbread Belle Epoch, which seems promising since it's the cheapest tape delay copy.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I have a Boss DD6 and the Vox Delaylab. Both pretty awesome. The Delaylab has a very nice sound and tap tempo, with a massive rage of effects (something like 30). Whilst it's awesome, the actual size of the pedal is huge, and not appropriate for all venues.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
the TC Electronics Alter Ego is pretty awesome (the flashback is good also)
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Malekko Ekko 616. Same price and not as dark as a Carbon Copy.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by RealGuitarHero
Malekko Ekko 616. Same price and not as dark as a Carbon Copy.

The switchable buffer and modulation control put this one ahead of the CC for me.
very happy with my tc flashback. it acutally sounds pretty good even on the analog / tape settings.

i am pretty hard headed on getting the "real deal" but after A/B ing to an analog carbon copy (which did sound great) i chose the TC cause the analog setting was almost the same but it had a wealth of other features.

do you like your ditto? the TC will "feel" the same. in fact, the flashback has 40 seconds of looper build in. perhaps you can consolidate and trade in the ditto?

only downside is that doing that you will not be able to have a looper and delay at 1 time. 1 or the other.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Quote by ikey_
very happy with my tc flashback. it acutally sounds pretty good even on the analog / tape settings.

i am pretty hard headed on getting the "real deal" but after A/B ing to an analog carbon copy (which did sound great) i chose the TC cause the analog setting was almost the same but it had a wealth of other features.

do you like your ditto? the TC will "feel" the same. in fact, the flashback has 40 seconds of looper build in. perhaps you can consolidate and trade in the ditto?

only downside is that doing that you will not be able to have a looper and delay at 1 time. 1 or the other.

I'll condense this post, and say that ikey_ probably means you could get rid of your ditto and get a Flashback X4, which will give you a looper and a delay pedal in one, costing you (besides money) only one 9V connection.

I have the regular Flashback as well, and I am very happy with it...and if I could justify getting a Flashback X4 right now I would get it in an instant.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass