Hello guys I need some help.

I need responses to this survey so i can submit it and pass statistics tomorrow

surveymonkey , com/s/PZG7FNY

(replace the comma and remove the spaces)

It's 2 questions long and I'm measuring the correlation between listening to music and how high your grades are in school.

Please UG you're my only hope
i did it, but i'm not sure how listening to music relates to GPA. especially since i haven't had a GPA since high school 3 years ago.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
yea the surveys here

survey

i forgot we're allowed to post links on this site haha

Quote by Trowzaa
yeah, go on then.

edit: I'm English, we don't have GPAs.

you dont have grade point averages in england? wha?
Last edited by Cheesepuff at Sep 1, 2013,
dont you english bros have grades? like on report cards or whatever at the end of a semester? just average that out

Quote by captainsnazz
I would but somehow I don't think your grades correspond to ours, because 70 is incredibly high at a university here and 90+ is virtually unheard of.

like its unheard of here too, nobody gets 90+ for everything. But 70 is our passing rate so yeah.
Last edited by Cheesepuff at Sep 1, 2013,
what do you have in england? do you have grades at all? how does it work? i didnt know GPAs werent a thing there
they grade by biscuits in England. 7 biscuits is best.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Yeah, we have grades. We get graded in each exam, A, B, C, D, E or F. That's about it.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
they grade by biscuits in England. 7 biscuits is best.

i was about to say the exact same thing except crumpets
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Cheesepuff
like its unheard of here too, nobody gets 90+ for everything. But 70 is our passing rate so yeah.

Well 70 crumpets is an A for us, 40 is our pass score.
Anyway I'll guess my gpa as 3 if you're not interested in complete accuracy.
Quote by whoomit
Well in Scotland we have Standard Grades which are your first set of exams, after which you can leave school. They are graded from 1 to 6, 1 being the best.

Higher qualifications after that (Intermediate 1/2, Highers, Advanced Highers) are graded by letters, A-F I think.

I don't know why I'm even bothering here though, I don't really remember my exam results.

I remember mine. 1 A, 7 Bs, 2 Cs, a D and a U
Quote by whoomit
I probably did better

I got a D in drama and a U in English Lit cos I was in bed literally dying and forgot to phone school lel
i passed algebra 2 with a D by basically telling one of the school's administrators that my teacher was a cunt
You all got it terribly wrong. The best grading system is from 1 to 10, where your mark is calculated by this simple formula:
(points/maxpoints)×9+1
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by whoomit
Well yeah we do, but our grade system is different. In fact, there are a few different grade systems over here.

How does your grading system work? Is 0 good or bad?

In the US, on a standard, 4 point grading scale, a grade you receive on any given assignment can range from 0-100. 0, no credit, or 100, maximum credit.

0-59: no letter grade
60-69: D
70-79: C
80-89: B
90-100: A

And for each letter grade, between x0 and x3 is usually a x- (B minus for example ). x4-x6 is just the letter (B) and x7-x9 is an x+ (B plus).

So for the example above, a score of 82 would give you a B-, a score of 85 a B, and a score of 89 a B+.

Now, to the GPA 4 point scale. 0 is obviously the lowest credit towards your GPA that you can receive. That happens when your overall class average is less than 60 points. IF your overall average is a D, you get 1 credit. If it's a C, you get 2 credits. Get a B, 3 credits. Get an A, 4 credits.

It isn't quite that simple in universities, though, because the credit amount scales linearly with your average grade (including decimals), unlike highschool which is typically a flat amount depending on your letter grade.

I hope that isn't confusing

edit: And your GPA is calculated by taking the average of all your classes' final grades. So if I take 5 classes and get a C, 3 Bs and an A, my GPA for that semester will be a 3. Then average that with the rest of your semester GPAs you find your cumulative GPA.

Agqain, it's not quite that simple in college, because the amount of credit you receive also depends on how many credit hours the course is.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Last edited by eGraham at Sep 1, 2013,