Hey there!
i have being playing guitar for 2 years but i was always i bass fan, i dont know why but i am just in love with basses!
So i am going to buy a bass soon and i would really like to know if i could play it throught a stagg 15w guitar amp . I mostly play with headphones but occasionally i like to play normaly. Would playing with or without headphones damage the amp or the bass?
You should be fine if you're using headphones.
The problem with playing bass through guitar amps is that the speakers generally can't handle the low frequencies that a bass guitar throws at it, eventually the cone ends up getting damaged (tearing) causing everything to sound like a wet fart.

If you're just going to play bass in your bedroom then you might as well get a little bass amp.
i am going to buy a bass amp soon :P
but is it going to damage the amp too much if i sometimes play without headphones ? ofc at low volume
Should i set any special EQ?
I have played bass through many guitar amps and nothing has happened to them (actually in school many people did that and the amps sounded just fine after that - and I'm pretty sure you would hear if something went wrong). I think you should just keep the volume at low levels.

Also there are lots of these threads all the time. Shouldn't there be a sticky or something?

It's not recommended to play through a guitar speaker but I think at low volumes nothing bad will happen.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
well thanks guys i think you covered me ! :P
1 more think i am really into symphonic black and death metal and all my fav bass players (ex Seth a.k.a Sotiris Antoniou from septicflesh ) play 5 string bass. Can i start learning on a 5 string or do i wave to start from 4 strings and themove to 4? as long as i know its ok if you start with a 5 string. i mean it just has a thicker string wich helps you a lot with the scales and gives you more notes. really need some help with this
would a STAGG BC-300BL be ok for a start? do you know if its durable? i dont want to end up with a broken bass afer a couple of months.
p.s. can i use guitar cables to connect it to the amp?
There's no such thing as a guitar cable or a bass cable. There are only instrument cables and speaker cables and you want to use an instrument cable. I mean, why would there be bass cables if you think about it?

And five string bass isn't any more difficult play than a four string one. It has one more string but you don't need to play that string. You also have a guitar with six strings so it's one less string than on guitar. And the notes are the same as on guitar. You don't need to learn anything new theory wise. They are different instruments but changing from guitar to bass is still very easy and the playing technique is the same. The biggest difference between them is their role.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115