Hey Guys,

Just joined and hoping to get some help.

Been playing on and off for 12 years, and by pretty much a miracle I have managed to get the guitar i originally owned back after 10 years. Needless to say it has a lot of sentimental value to me as it was bought by a family member and now I have it back im over the moon.

Its seen better days tbh and as a sort of project i wanted to update both the locking trem and the pickups to something better.

Its an old 1980's Charvel, orignally it had a Kahler style locking trem but it appears that the person who has had it for the last couple of years has put a cheap chinese flloyd rose style locking trem on it, ( its terrible ) it has the original pickups and needless to say they are dull and the tone isnt great, I was hoping to upgrade them it has a humbucker at the bridge and 2 single coils about this.

Im looking for some advice on what to use
We will need more info on budget? Sound you are after? Amp you are currently using?
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, MIA Standard Strat, Charvel So Cal Pro Mod, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Money is no object, Im after the satriani / vai sound and im using a Line 6 Spider Valve MkII 212 Combo
Get a Schaller or Gotoh OFR.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I have looked at these options and do favor the gotoh OFR but im concerned it wont fit/be compatible
well because it is a Charvel, I'm going to assume it is a flush mount FR and not a recessed FR trem. Measure the stud spacing and you will see what will work best for you as far as FR trems go
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate