Page 1 of 3
Posted this a long time ago when I was still in my Sc3ne phase, I've grown up now.

Yeah, should/can I start busking? I'd be doing it primarily for the extra money and confidence I'd gain, I'm not looking to be the next Frank Turner or anything special.

Setlist/Acousticy songs I can play:

Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
Dammit - Blink 182
Can't Stand It - NeverShoutNever
Kill The Poor - Dead Kennedys (on ukulele, I'm working on alternative lyrics)
Zeitgeist - Black Sabbath
Boy Named Sue - Johnny Cash
Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry
Coffee And Cigarettes - NeverShoutNever
Generation Landslide - Alice Cooper
Have A Cigar - Pink Floyd

etc.

inb4 your setlist looks like a scene girl's wet dream.
Last edited by BVBKilljoy at Sep 2, 2013,
Your set... Joke... Blah...

I don't like buskers personally, remind me of kids who bring guitars to school when I was in high school... Instead of doing it to look cool they do it to look cool for a little bit of cash
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
Do it mainly for the experience and exposure. Don't do it for the money, then you won't be disappointed when you barely get enough for a chicken dinner.
DeVillains!
learn the top 10 in the top 100 guitar tabs. i'd go with wonderwall, the a team, fix you, i'm yours, etc.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by genghisgandhi
Are you a fan of borussia dortmund or Black Veil Brides?

ive asked him that before.

it's the latter
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
I can also play more stuff but my mind went completely blank when posting that list.

There's 2/3 regular buskers in my town but they're nothing special, they're just there y'know, adds a bit of music when you're buying a magazine or something.

I'm not doing it completely for the money, I worded that part wrong, but any extra cash earned from it's an extra bonus where if I weren't to do it I wouldn't have that extra money.
as much as i appreciate Dead Kennedys fans, Kill the Poor probably won't net you much coin.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by BVBKilljoy

There's 2/3 regular buskers in my town but they're nothing special, they're just there y'know, adds a bit of music when you're buying a magazine or something.

I would certainly pay money to see 2/3 of a busker. Makes me wonder where the other 1/3 went.
Quote by Skullivan
I would certainly pay money to see 2/3 of a busker. Makes me wonder where the other 1/3 went.

Went to get a real job that isn't a voyeuristic public display of annoyance
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
Busking isn't about talent (at least guitar talent)

The talent is being able to draw a crowd and entertain. I know a lot of guitar and juggling buskers. That is the most important part.

You can be a mediocre player but good at talking up the passers by. You'll make far more money than an expert player with no presence.

Pick "crowd pleaser" songs and you'll do okay.
You need jake bugg in that set
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
i'd give you money if you played a Mischief Brew song.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
If you're looking for extra cash you might as well get a second job, cos busking isnt going to get you much
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16
If you're looking for extra cash you might as well get a second job, cos busking isnt going to get you much

depends where you do it.

my junkie friend made $200 just straight up begging in Philly once.
Chuck out the punk and metal tbh. Learn some idk motown, the smiths, dylan, young and some popular stuff cause you're a sellout.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
depends where you do it.

my junkie friend made $200 just straight up begging in Philly once.

Brb moving to philly.

Most people who busk around here make off with like $15 for 2 - 3 hours of their time.
Sail upon the open skies
It depends. You need to target your audience.

If you're gonna have a load of old people, play older songs. However, be aware that they may have heard those songs a shit ton of times (ie. the classics).

If you're aiming at a younger crowd, make acoustic versions of pop songs.
You should learn wonderwall
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by Lord Waltaa

THIS

And play it over, and over, and over, and over again.
If I wouldn't suck at guitar I'd look up the up-coming concerts in town and learn those artists' songs and just play them outside the venue. Shitloads of people who would appreciate it if you're any good.
Quote by Lord Waltaa

Maybe, that could be the ones that saves him, cause after all, he'll be singing in a shopping mall
Just thought of some more I can play.

Where Did You Sleep Last Night - Nirvana
Still Waiting - Sum 41
Paint It Black - Rolling Stones
Hurt - Johnny Cash (although last time I said it people said I shouldn't play it)
About A Girl - Nirvana
Knocking On Heaven's Door - Bob Dylan
You should probably play songs that the average persons actually wants to hear.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by BVBKilljoy
Just thought of some more I can play.

Where Did You Sleep Last Night - Nirvana
Still Waiting - Sum 41
Paint It Black - Rolling Stones
Hurt - Johnny Cash (although last time I said it people said I shouldn't play it)
About A Girl - Nirvana
Knocking On Heaven's Door - Bob Dylan

Play Let It Be.

And Free Bird.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
No, TS, you should get a real job.

When did TS say that this was in place of a job? Maybe he wants to busk in his hour between his 9:00 and 11:00 classes or something like that? It's like I always say: if there is a conclusion, Sam will jump to it.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
When did TS say that this was in place of a job? Maybe he wants to busk in his hour between his 9:00 and 11:00 classes or something like that? It's like I always say: if there is a conclusion, Sam will jump to it.

Are you really that dense?
Quote by TheGreatTarp
Whether you're busking for cash or the fun of it. I'm sure there isn't any harm.
Do it faggit

Fixed.
Buskers are suck.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Page 1 of 3