Hey all,

I'm thinking of studying outside of my homeland. Problem being is I have 3 guitars and I can probably only take 1.

So I wonder what other people would say: Which guitar would you take with you and why?

My Les Paul is out of the question, don't like it so much anymore, I'm not sure wether I will take my fender strat or ibanez RG.

Would love to read your answers!

Though as I don't play that one any more, it's more a sentimental thing now.

This is the one I play I would never sell:

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I probably would leave them all in safe keeping and buy a new- or new to me- guitar in the new country.

Why? First, even though I like some of my guitars more than others, choosing just one in anything besides an emergency would be torture.

Second, by shopping in my new location, I get to experience the thrill of shopping for a new axe while simultaneously getting to know my new surroundings and possibly making connections & friends.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
I probably would leave them all in safe keeping and buy a new- or new to me- guitar in the new country.

Why? First, even though I like some of my guitars more than others, choosing just one in anything besides an emergency would be torture.

Second, by shopping in my new location, I get to experience the thrill of shopping for a new axe while simultaneously getting to know my new surroundings and possibly making connections & friends.

Noooooooooooo, Danny.

That's not how it works. You can't put them all in self storage and choose a new guitar.

It has to be one of your preciouses, this is an emergency. The house is burning down, everyone's safe, you see a clear route to your guitar rack but you know if you dither too long the roof will collapse on you, so you really can only choose one.

Which one do you choose? Otherwise they all burn. THEY ALL BURRRRN!!!

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAaaaaaaaa... Ahem.
I am probably SOOOOOOO a crispy critter in that scenario.

However, if I'm lucky, I may just remember I keep one of my most favorite guitars- my JKG semihollow- under my bed in its case. Perfect for grab & go.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Sep 1, 2013,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Perfect for grab & go.

Always have an emergency guitar lying under your bed. In case your house burns down, you'll always have a companion with you
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
if the house is on fire and i only have time to grab one guitar, it's going to be the Ramirez classical, cause it's by far the most expensive.

Big pic.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
I have about 15 instruments - mostly guitars, also banjos, mandolins, a sitar

I've got a lot of instruments I treasure, among them a 1930's resonator and a Breedlove mandolin

I'd have to grab my 2010 American Special Telecaster. It's just the guitar that sounds like me
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
2002 PRS CE22

Amazing guitar, can do any style, and it's a ****in PRS
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
1989 White Gibson Les Paul Custom white with gold hardware, sperzel locking tuners, stock pickups with a faulty pickup switch that does some crazy shit to the tone for reasons beyond my understanding.
Love it. Truly and utterly.
Old 60's Japanese guitar my grandad got for a wedding present. I made an NGD thread on it a while back, I'll go look for pictures.
EDIT:

Yeah, purely sentimental value. This is ahead of my Rhoads and S670, so it really had some competition.
Last edited by Skullivan at Sep 1, 2013,

The bottom one, because its the shit.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Since we're lobbing pix, here's the aforementioned JKG.

Quote by sacamano79
*pic*

I...ah...that killswitch. You...you drilled into that beautiful prestige top, for a killswitch. Oh lordy, I need to sit down
My LTD MH400. It has sentimental value to me.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
My only choice, after I got this I realized how bad my other guitars were.

Carvin DC727

more pics

There seems to be more than one scenario here. So, if my house was burning down I would rescue my '63 standard SG. It has lots of sentimental value to me.

If I could keep all my guitars but just take one away with me for a while, I would take my Standard LTD SG with 60's neck profile. Because it's new and needs some use and also is pretty versatile.

I saw those in the gear photo thread- loved the photography! They almost look like miniatures...