After reading the most 'overrated guitarists' thread and scratching my head looking at some of the answers in disbelief, but then quickly realising it is only everybodys personal opinion and that we are all into different styles/genres of music that we are all going to each have our own opinions, I thought I would do a most underrated thread. I am only a beginner and can't even play and I don't claim to know everything. Anyway a guitarist I think is underrated whoever hardly gets mentioned is Lyndsey Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac. I like his style, but most people I have spoken to dismiss his abilities as mediocre. This is my opinion.
Slash- a lot of people think that because everyone knows who he is and he was in guitar hero that hes overated, but he really is great and deserves every bit of praise he gets
Quote by MichaelScarn
Slash- a lot of people think that because everyone knows who he is and he was in guitar hero that hes overated, but he really is great and deserves every bit of praise he gets

Slash underrated? That's the last word I would use to describe him everyonee knows what he can do to a guitar.

I'd say myles kennedy though I think his guitar playing is overshadowed by his voice not to mention he plays next to mark tremonti.
Mick Mars, a big part of it is the fact that he's being going strong all these years with his condition and still plays great.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
Billy Duffy. He can do more with 2 notes than most people can do with the entire fretboard.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Jerry Garcia...spanned genres in a single set, hell sometimes a single song, all while missing a finger.
Mike McCready from Pearl Jam and John Fruciante formerly of the RHCP are amazingly underrated guitarist!!!
Quote by strat-O-matic92
Mike McCready from Pearl Jam and John Fruciante formerly of the RHCP are amazingly underrated guitarist!!!

Definitely! John Fuciante has his own siginiture sound. He is an amazing guitarist.
Quote by MichaelScarn

This =/= being under-rated
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness