I was mainly looking to buy a Isp Decimator or a MXR Noise Clamp. Would there be any difference in the two? I mainly would just use it at home. I need it just to get rid of noise from the amp and guitar.
Thanks
To me, they seem just about the same thing - expanders used as gates.
From what I read, the MXR seems to have faster attack and release, resulting in a "tighter" gating, most suitable for high gain stuff playing.

If you want something simple, you could as well go for the Joyo JF-31 Noise Gate,
and though I can't really say it's better not having tried it, I'd indeed have a look at the upcoming Mooer Noise Killer, which seems to me the most versatile noise gate out there because of it's capability of selecting between a "tighter" and a "looser" gating.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I personally thought a gate was an 'on or off' switch kinda thing that only let your signal through if it was louder than the allocated threshold, whereas a surpressor takes out excessive high/low end hiss and buzz.

The boss ns-2 is called a surpressor even though it has a get function on it. It is kind of an ambiguous term to me so dont quote me on it!
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey
Peavey 6505+ 112 w/ 2x12 (Celestion Vintage 30 and WGS Veteran 30)
[Effects Loop] Boss GE-7 > Boss CE-5 > TC Electronic Flashback
Quote by Carl21221
I personally thought a gate was an 'on or off' switch kinda thing that only let your signal through if it was louder than the allocated threshold, whereas a surpressor takes out excessive high/low end hiss and buzz.

The boss ns-2 is called a surpressor even though it has a get function on it. It is kind of an ambiguous term to me so dont quote me on it!

Same. I thought noise suppressors were more like smooth/smart gates with possible filters to roll off hiss or stuff like that, while gates are just on/off when the signal falls below a certain level.
I don't know what the technical difference is between a noise gate and a suppressor, but my NS-2 seems to do both with the 4-cable method. Hiss/noise disappears completely and at more aggressive settings it will clamp down on all sound instantly if I mute the strings at loud, high-gain settings. It's very nice for staccato riffing.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Quote by Spambot_2

If you want something simple, you could as well go for the Joyo JF-31 Noise Gate,
and though I can't really say it's better not having tried it

It seems to work just fine. No specialties, it just "cuts the shit out" like this reviewer nicely says. Though I guess there is something wierd going on with the pot (wrong pot like in some Joyos) because it starts to do something only near the max.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-xUDdkw4Fw

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by KailM
I don't know what the technical difference is between a noise gate and a suppressor, but my NS-2 seems to do both with the 4-cable method. Hiss/noise disappears completely and at more aggressive settings it will clamp down on all sound instantly if I mute the strings at loud, high-gain settings. It's very nice for staccato riffing.

+1

NS-2 is love.
NS-2 is life.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X