hi

selling my tube vypyr and im planning on getting something with a tasty valve preamp. my budgets only about 300 second hand for a head. im really attracted to the dual terror but its going to be a challenge finding one in my price range, anyone got any other amp recomendations ? also i know someone selling a cherry red mexican strat for 220 which i will need talking out of buying
The Tiny Terrors are really nice amps. If it's what you want (maybe take a trip to a store and try one out?), I'd say go for it.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Definitely try the Tiny Terror in a store out before you buy it.
Going from a Vypyr to a TT is a big change. The TT is one of the most puristic amps.
As you're in Brighton, get yourself down to GAK. But don't take more than a fiver with you, it could be fatal!!!!!
My Gear:- A guitar, a guitar lead, a guitar amplifier. Or sometimes just an acoustic guitar!
Quote by anguskilminster
As you're in Brighton, get yourself down to GAK. But don't take more than a fiver with you, it could be fatal!!!!!

yeah
>go GAK
>bring guitar with you
>play TT/DT
>?????
>happy OP
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
ive played a dual terror before and i loved it i just dont think i can afford one so i need some alternatives
You should really try a H&K Tubemeister 18. About the same price range, but personally I really prefer the H&K lead channel to the Duel Terror's.

I always use mine with an orange cab, great combo.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Gibson Les Paul Tribute 50's
Gibson Midtown Custom
Fender Telecaster Deluxe
Fender Telecaster Standard
Gretsch Corvette
Danelectro DC59

Crybaby | TS9 | Korg | Little Big Muff | PS-6| MXR Chorus | TC Spark| DL4
Quote by nosuchmanasmole
ive played a dual terror before and i loved it i just dont think i can afford one so i need some alternatives

I, and many others, have been there, and done that. Do not stopgap. Save up for what you want. Seriously. You will waste a huge amount of time and money stopgapping.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Big Tiny Terror fan here, but it is kind of a one trick deal. Try it out, and if the sound floats your boat, you'll love it. I considered some smaller fender combos and the vox night train when I got my TT, but again they're all just different flavours of amp, plus the fenders tend to be combos.

Wait, you're in Brighton? GAK is your friend.
Dude, where's my band?
Last edited by TomMon at Sep 2, 2013,
jet cities are pretty cheap. won't sound the same as a tiny terror, but as a good-sounding, cheaper alternative, would be worth considering. thomann has them cheap, and jet city has set up its own UK online store with prices similar to thomann on the heads.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Tiny Terror all the way, I picked myself up a Dark Terror after playing in a store for about 30minutes, amazing sounding amplifier, with the gain just past 12 o clock it sounds amazing, and it cleans up really nicely with the volume rolled down on guitar and some lighter picking.

Really really impressed with it,

Definitely go and jam on it!!1
Quote by Dave_Mc
jet cities are pretty cheap. won't sound the same as a tiny terror, but as a good-sounding, cheaper alternative, would be worth considering. thomann has them cheap, and jet city has set up its own UK online store with prices similar to thomann on the heads.

Yeah, I didn't know you guys had reasonable prices for Jet City products in the UK. Nice. I've played a few JCs & the TT, & they both sound good in their own ways. The TT doesn't clean up as well if you roll off the guitar volume-it seems to retain that Orange "fizziness" to some degree (but, as stated above, can be compensated for somewhat by lighter touch). The JC has a bit better articulation that holds even as you roll down the guitar volume, but that being said, the overall feel of the TT is a bit more lively. Myself, I'd probably choose the TT, because I seldom use cleans, & I love the lively, crisp, responsive feel of the TT. I will one day buy a TT just for fun.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Last edited by riffhog at Sep 3, 2013,
^ yeah jet cities are one of the few things we get decent deals on here in europe pretty different style of amp than the TT, admittedly.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I wouldn't bother with a tt. watts i ha ve the dual and to be honest the second channel is so much better especially getting a different tones.you also have another footswitchable channel. 30 watts is nice, but i use it at 15watts.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
My room mate had a TT for quite a while Loved playing through it. The TT is kind of a one-trick pony, but what it does, it does very well.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Since the Jet City-Tiny Terror discussion is well underway, its worth noting that the JC is a brighter amp to my ears than the TT. The JCA20 is my main amp, and I love it! Seems that gain-wise the amps are fairly even as to the amount of gain on tap. One of the biggest differences is the 3-band EQ on the JC as opposed to the tone knob on the TT.

I'm a big fan of both amps. I'd love to have both amps and use them in the same rig, running both through 2x12's with the JC set a bit cleaner for the articulation and the TT a bit dirtier.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
I said in an earlier post that rolling down works nicely to clean it up, was playing it last night with a guitar loaded with EMG60/81 pickups and I found it almost impossible to clean it up even with the gain around 10 o clock. It's just too high an output pickup. Just to give you a little more information.
My other axe loaded with BKP Warpigs, again still very high output does clean up real nice with the neck pick up though.