Page 1 of 2
What's the worst job you've ever had?

Mine is definitely being a Porter (trolley pusher) at Asda. Not only do I get ridiculed by the local scum of Basildon as a "trolley wally" (how original), but it's an incredibly physical job pushing trolleys up a large hill for the entire day. Strain on my back, strain on my feet. People in other areas of the shop in the summer are like "I'm jealous, you get to work outside!", forgetting you're working in a car park UNDER the shop, sweating to death and choked by car exhaust fumes. And in the winter you're stuck outside in rain and freezing temperatures. This, combined with the angry managers shouting at you when there's no trolleys in the shop, despite you working to the stupid health and safety rules they set, makes it the worst job I've had.

When I get moved to warehouse, security, or self stacking for a few hours on the odd week, it's like being on holiday!

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Landscaping.

I dropped a cinder block on my right hand, swollen for a week. It was hot, everyone was on meth probably, and you had to do overtime or else you'd get fired. I did plumbing for irrigation and made sure the ground was level with a bobcat minidozer.

Boy I tell ya whut
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Got to say, for anyone who lives in the UK, Argos is a shit place to work for.

They judge your entire performance on one tiny thing (cares, insurance for products) which most customers don't want, and if you don't sell enough you get put on reports etc. and ultimately fired for it. Its bloody difficult to sell too, when no one wants it?

Benefits are shite too. 0.5% bonus, the year before we didnt even get one.
Caution:
This post contains my opinion and/or inaccurate information

Quote by vayne92
I'm genuinely beginning to think you're the best troll of all time

"Emocore is like, when you cry when you break a guitar string"
- Thurston Moore
Fast food, you get shit hours, deal with ****** customers and get slave pay
I work as an EMT for a private ambulance service in Milwaukee, WI. Coolest job ever. 24 hour shifts kinds suck but I get to see some really cool stuff. Worst job I've ever had was as a forklift operator/material handler for a company that makes aquariums. I was paid by the hour and the production line I was feeding was working by the piece and on top of that my immediate supervisor was a total douche-bassoon. Made for a very stressful day at work.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez S320 Black
Epiphone AJ-1000

Future Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Dishy/Kitchenhand. Work 4pm to 2 am, one 15 minute break (during which all your work piled up for when you get back), hot, got soaking wet and covered in food scraps and nothing was ever done fast enough for the boss. Glad it only lasted a couple of months. Though now I work in a supermarket bakery department so not exactly much of an upgrade. Definitely not as bad though
Quote by whoomit
How does it rain under the shop?

My worst job was working at Next. I worked there for three years and killed myself.

Trolley pusher. Putting them back in those outdoor little hut type things in the car parks.
Quote by whoomit
He said the car park was under the shop though. I think he's keeping secrets.

Then Basildon is one mysterious place.
The car park is under the shop but you have to take the trolleys outside and up a ramp which is exposed to the elements to get back into the shop!

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
A&P supermarket in my town. Wasn't a horror story, but pushing carts in the snow, roughly 20 hours a week, and sucking the corporate **** for minimum wage was enough to make me kind of, sort of miserable
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Mine is definitely being a Porter (trolley pusher) at Asda.

Mr Rogers seems to enjoy pushing a trolley around all day.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I started one of those on-the-job apprenticeships a couple of years ago, the pay was just over £2 an hour and all you get (if you complete it) is an NVQ or something. It's just exploitation really, doing an admin job like any other but for ridiculously low pay. Needless to say I left within a week. Working in a crappy warehouse and getting the actual min wage amount (£6.31) now feels pretty good in comparison.
Quote by kertets
Only losers post their opinions on the internet.
Quote by theogonia777

Mr Rogers seems to enjoy pushing a trolley around all day.

Shame that's a tram.
Selling doors door to door.

That's a tough job, innit?

*ding-dong*

"Excuse me, can I interest you in a- oh shit you've got one, nevermind."

-BB
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Trowzaa
Shame that's a tram.

Mr Rogers always called it a trolley. Are you calling Mr Rogers a liar?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Trowzaa
Then Basildon is one mysterious place.

The Hollywood of Essex

"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Quote by theogonia777
Mr Rogers always called it a trolley. Are you calling Mr Rogers a liar?

Quote by Trowzaa

Just wait until Obama hears about this. He's gonna declare war on England and your town is gonna be the first one to get bombed.
detailing cars for a pretty big car lot. isn't unbearable (or wasn't until my new pillhead boss started) but it's pretty gross at times, hot as hell, get treated like shit often. I get to drive some pretty bitchin' cars but i'm not really a car guy so
Quote by K'Nuckles
For all you UK people - don't work for Wetherspoons. Ass pay, ass hours, ass conditions - where I work anyway. At least I don't have to deal with customers because I'm in the kitchens.

I heard that everything bar steaks and chips are microwaved. Truth of fiction?
Wetherspoons is bad and whenever anyone wants to go for a pint there I stop being friends with them instantly and just walk away.
We only go to 'spoons cause it's cheap. It's to start the night before we go somewhere decent.
Quote by JackalUK
I heard that everything bar steaks and chips are microwaved. Truth of fiction?

Hahaha. More or less, bacon every morning is cooked en masse (we're talking like, 25 kilos of the shit) and just put in tubs, microwave it when needed. Burgers, eggs and steak/mixed grill things are all done on the grill, but a lot of the time burgers are pre-cooked and put in a hot hold. Chips, wings etc just come straight from the freezer and into the deep fat fryer, but other than that errrthang is mic'd.
Quote by Trowzaa
Retail.

Agreed.

I am so happy I started my first professional job out of college last week. I am an R&D Tech and they are training me as a lab manager so I am set.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
I try to avoid that place if I've gone down the road to Cardiff after 8 or 9 because you spend more time at the bar than drinking.
Quote by JackalUK
I try to avoid that place if I've gone down the road to Cardiff after 8 or 9 because you spend more time at the bar than drinking.

Have you been? And yeah, getting served takes hella time. It's why when I used to go before I started working there, we'd all just top up and buy 4 pints each or something.
Yeah a few times. Do you still have the large Greek bouncer Alex working there?
Landscaping in South Carolina. As a New Yorker that just moved down when I got the job, the heat was terrible, and all they did was have me sling mulch most of the time.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
Knackerman.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Page 1 of 2