Poll: Do you have school spirit?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you have school spirit?
Yes, I rep my school colors er day
6 8%
Kinda, depends on the sport really
12 15%
No, I could care less
39 49%
I hate sports
22 28%
Voters: 79.
Page 1 of 2
I don't. Sports are too much a part of what should be a learning facility.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Depends on how you define school spirit?
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by N_J_B_B
Depends on how you define school spirit?

Mostly sports related. But I guess it could also relate to also being head over heels for anything your school does, or in your belief that your school is superior to other schools for various reasons.
Well I had a positive disposition towards my High School whilst I went there however I didn't really go out of my way to mention it. I think if your school is so amazing that you actually want to tell everyone about it, that's an extremely positive thing (assuming that this is not because of the social/monetary status of the school, but rather because of the fact that you actually love going there to learn).
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
I love my secondary school for a number of reasons. None of them are about beating other school's at sports though
no, I can only hope that I don't go to school tomorrow to find the same shitheads I saw last year. Nothing but grabbing their crotch and making terrible jokes. People really hate silence to, I think David Byrne said it best; "When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed. Say something once, why say it again?" On the bright side I am in advanced classes so some of the people might not be dip-shits. I can only hope.

What do you mean "Sports are too much a part of what should be a learning facility."? Do you mean 1 hour of Gym half of the year?
My school are the Camels, because it sounds like Campbell. I hate my school. Apparently they look good on a resume though so I won't transfer on a whim.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by ehbacon
no, I can only hope that I don't go to school tomorrow to find the same shitheads I saw last year. Nothing but grabbing their crotch and making terrible jokes. People really hate silence to, I think David Byrne said it best; "When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed. Say something once, why say it again?" On the bright side I am in advanced classes so some of the people might not be dip-shits. I can only hope.

What do you mean "Sports are too much a part of what should be a learning facility."? Do you mean 1 hour of Gym half of the year?

No, I meant that, in college, the schools are too influenced by their sports teams. By that I mean that students will choose one college over the next just because the football or baseball team may be particularly good, and due to this increased demand colleges will cater to their sports teams, often overlooking the academic side of things.
nah man i'm at community college. i'm pretty stoked about the school i plan on transferring to so maybe then i will
My university was never very good at any sports, and my high school was never good at sports that I cared about. So no, I didn't have much school spirit in relation to sports.
Yep.

I'm an alum who now works there. I get free sweatshirts, I rock them on a daily basis.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
I guess I did kinda when I was in school because our sports teams did well, but that was more in my friends on the team for doing well than the team itself
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

My friends I and once drank a bottle of whiskey in the 3rd floor bathroom. I guess you can call that school spirit.
FORZA CATANIA
School spirit is ****ing gross and I hate it. That said, I refuse to vote for the 3rd option because my school was obviously better than the OP's because I know "could care less" is dumb and doesn't make sense
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by jonathan666666
My friends I and once drank a bottle of whiskey in the 3rd floor bathroom. I guess you can call that school spirit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czvIhn2acVU
Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Im likely to be the one who burns down my school so no
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Yeah.

Kind of a big thing at my school.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
my uni sucks at sports, so no im not very into their sports scene.

If I went to UF or UM that might be a different story
pinga
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
School spirit is ****ing gross and I hate it. That said, I refuse to vote for the 3rd option because my school was obviously better than the OP's because I know "could care less" is dumb and doesn't make sense

At least I don't shoot kids
Eh, not particularly. The intensity of the crowd is awesome at games, but in general sporty-ness. Nah.
I'm a starting offensive lineman and my best friend is the captain of our football team so yeah it's kinda expected of me
e-married to Jack (bladez)
I have to.

I participate in sports.

Darn you game days... I always have to wear a school shirt on Fridays.

Good thing the school I go to has some of the best athletics in the state.. And actually has a top 100 football team in the US
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
i rarely have much group spirit unless the group is small enough for me to know intimately. just doesn't make sense to me.

and that's not even taking sports-watching into consideration, which i am not into at all.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Last edited by vIsIbleNoIsE at Sep 2, 2013,
Quote by S0n1c '97
I have to.

I participate in sports.

Darn you game days... I always have to wear a school shirt on Fridays.

Good thing the school I go to has some of the best athletics in the state.. And actually has a top 100 football team in the US

I'm not too sure what sport you play but you gotta admit, it feels pretty damn good to walk down the hallway wearing your jersey on game day
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Everyone saying no must be in highschool.
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by AeroRocker
Everyone saying no must be in highschool.

Far from home
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
**** that shit.

i used to wait outside my dorm on game days and if i saw people coming back early, shuffling their feet and looking sad, i'd know our team lost and i'd shout out "how'd the game go?" or something like that. almost always was met with an angry "**** you."
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by c3powil
I don't. Sports are too much a part of what should be a learning facility.

I hate attitudes like yours.

"Academics are undoubtedly superior to athletics."

Shut up, nerd. Do both.
My God, it's full of stars!
No im not gay. Fuuck school spirit
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I love my college. It doesn't even have any official sports teams, which makes it all the better.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Dreadnought

Shut up, nerd. Do both.

I probably would, but between working full time and actually going to classes, there just isn't enough time in the day to do all three. I'm not saying that academics are superior to athletics in any way. I'm just saying that I chose to go to college so that I could get a degree, not play sports, because that's what a college was built to do. My school is raising tuition now because they are planning to get a football team in 2014, making it harder for me to keep myself there for what the place was designed for. The school is growing at a rapid rate. Any time after 8 AM you are lucky to get a parking space, and instead of building more parking spaces they are building a stadium. It's a pretty big nuisance.
didn't someone make this thread a couple weeks ago
"This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded
This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded."
Quote by Dreadnought

Shut up, nerd. Do both.

Unless you have enough athletic talent to get into pro sports, then academics clearly are the superior route.
Page 1 of 2