Yesterday, my sister's friend's father picked up some old guitars @ a yard sale & gave me two of 'em for free. Very nice of him. I looked around And to my surprise Lotus guitars was a company back in the 70s to 90s built knockoff guitars... I have a strat copy, and Was wondering if there is anyway you can tell what year the guitar was made, there are no serial numbers and the guitar on the back of the neck says it was made in Korea... Right off the bat, the guitar plays pretty good after I restrung and cleaned it. It's all black body with a black pick guard and pick up with black tone knobs. It also has a maple neck and headstock. Plus, it has a purdy lil black flower on the headstock. Sorry if the images are reversed my iPod is ******ed
Rock N' Roll isn't just a genre of music. It's a way of life. If you fall; get the hell up, brush off, and keep rockin!
Last edited by RoKHED at Sep 2, 2013,
really? 28 views, and nobody's gonna say anything?
Rock N' Roll isn't just a genre of music. It's a way of life. If you fall; get the hell up, brush off, and keep rockin!
Quote by RoKHED
really? 28 views, and nobody's gonna say anything?

Try actually posting the photos.
whoops! I got photos @ my profile...
sorry, UG won't let me post 'em to this thread....
Last edited by RoKHED at Sep 2, 2013,
Hard to say with the lotus copies, but it would likely be after japan and before the move to india, I would guess late 80s, very early 90s. I have a lotus strat copy, 685L. I like the guitar, but it can be frustratingly odd in its measurements. The bridge for example is only 50mm from E to e. The neck pocket a couple of mm thinner than standard. The original pickups, stacked humbuckers, just a hair narrower than standard. I think the earlier versions were more exact copies of the fender strats. But, if you want to upgrade anything, you'll want to take some careful measurements first.
yeah, that's gonna happen soon.. the pickups keep 'shorting out' and I have already re-soldered EVERY connection point in the entire guitar! probably going to use a Fender brand pickguard, and replace the tuners.. thanks for the info muzikulo..